Author Topic: How do you feel about bi-MONTHly submissions? - please read  (Read 7719 times)

Hayley

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Things are meant to be the way they're gonna be
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about bi-MONTHly submissions? - please read
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »
Is it just me that finds it worrying you're happy about being called those things?
"The rats on the street
They dance around my feet
They seem to say" Hayley "It's up to yooooou!"

Duel! All the cool kids are doing it!

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 12:34:58 AM »
I know what you mean Raethe, I've been called evil so many times I'm starting to believe it :-\ and I haven't even done anything wrong...
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:44 AM »
Most of the time it's a joke....Although I think the person who called me psycho was being serious...and the devil reference is more when I'm trying to tempt people into doing things they don't think they should do....

Oh, and I just remembered another one. Over the summer, 2 of my friends and I were inseparable, and one person said we were the good, the bad, and the ugly. And then he looked at me and said, 'you're definitely the bad'.... :D
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 12:39:11 AM »
It seems like we are all making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Those who want to submit twice a month, do it on whatever day you're NOT submitting on: either the 1st or the 15th.

That way no one has to change schedules, we still have the benefits of an actual deadline, and there is almost no mod management necessary.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 12:43:13 AM »
Hayley: I never said I was HAPPY about being called those things. I merely make an observation.

Haha. Evil is one word that's been applied to me too. Though I might have deserved it. Just once or twice. >>;

(For the record, they had it coming.)

Reaves: Then we'd be getting slammed with potentially twice as much material every week, and some people already seem to seem to think that even waiting two weeks between submissions is getting a bit long. I think what started this entire discussion was someone suggesting that the 15th deadline be moved up to the 8th.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 12:56:23 AM »
lol what, I can't even change my plan??!!   :o

It wouldn't really be twice as much every week, but possibly twice as much every two weeks. I don't really know it just seems like all these ideas of posting a week ahead when we want to submit something, or having submittance points is a bit... too involved.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
I think some of the purposed solutions are getting way too technical and would only make things more confusing in the end. A better idea for now might be to adopt a "wait and see policy" for a few weeks at least. After all, there might be people who simply don't stick around (although that would be sad) lessening the submission pool, we might find that we are all capable of moving to a quicker schedule after one or two cycles, or we might decide that the original idea really is best. With the second groups first deadline not even here yet we really need to ask what the rush is?
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »
Have we made a decision on this yet? Are we officially going with the "wait and see"?
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »
I'd still like to do what I proposed on the first page - stick with letting whoever's ready for this time submit on the 15th, and the next week move on to Avalon's idea and see how THAT works out. Then we can pick one, or try something else, or whtaever. I don't think anybody's actually responded to that one way or another so I'll ask again for everyone's thoughts.

The problem with "wait and see for a few weeks" is that we could end up doing that for a very long time, since right now we're only set up for submissions every two weeks. If we wait for two or three submissions, that's two months before we actually figure out just whether or not there's another system that might work better for us.  And what started up this discussion in the first place is that there are some people who are anxious to be able to submit more/more often.

Derby

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
I'm a Newby here I have read tons of old posts just to see how thing got to where they are -- including this entire thread. 

Since this is a critiquing site, I thought I'd mention that bi-MONTHLY means every other month, not twice a month.  Twice a month is semi-monthly.  (Yeah, yeah, I know,  I'm a little late to the party.)

(I sneaked back here and corrected my own typo before anyone else caught it.  Don't tell anyone.  :-X)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:38:52 PM by Derby »

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »
^This man speaketh the truth. Silk was right all along! Also, welcome to the forum and group, Derby!
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »
Silk was right all along!

Well, of course I was. Why'd you ever doubt me?

...uh...what was I right about, again?

Anyway, yeah.  We're now submitting once weekly and that seems to be fairly comfortable for everybody, so that's where we'll stay.