Author Topic: World of Goo  (Read 2843 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
World of Goo
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Anyone else playing this game? I got it for my birthday and love it. Now that I've figured out how to change the resolution to fit my 1920x1200 monitor it's even better.

I'm not much of a gamer, but after I saw the Ars Technica article about how 90% of the World of Goo copies are pirated (further analysis indicates it's actually only 82%) and the game has no DRM, I downloaded the demo and put it on my wish list.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
Re: World of Goo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
I've been playing the demo but it crashes at some point every time I play....
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:32:16 AM »
I love physics games and this one looks pretty interesting. Might have to check it out.  :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »
I'm using the mac version and I've never had a crash in either the demo or the final version. No slowdowns either; it's one smooth game. Very fluid. And wobbly. And gooey. And chirpy.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »
I'm using the mac version and I've never had a crash in either the demo or the final version. No slowdowns either; it's one smooth game. Very fluid. And wobbly. And gooey. And chirpy.

lucky.

It doesn't seem to like my video card. So it will turn all sorts of weird colors and then die every once in a while.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Bookmagician

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »
That game was incredible.  It doesn't take very long to run through every level, but it's worth the money.  I love the music in particular.   8)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
That reminds me that I'll have to check around for new levels once we're settled into the new house. I haven't been playing games recently, not since starting on a new.familysearch.org kick.