Author Topic: December Word War  (Read 7201 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
December Word War
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:28:39 AM »
Okay, so I figured it would be better to start a new thread rather then taking over the Nanowrimo one.

(Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place)

In case anyone is wondering a word war is basically where you challenge someone to see who can write more.  Right now I know of two people who said their intrested.  If you want to do it, come join us, but it's only going to count for words you wrote this month.

What we're going to do is I will post each of the current totals in this post.  If you want to join, just say so, and then post your total for the day.

Current Totals:

firstRainbowRose: 2,525
Raethe: 0
little_wilson: 302
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:39:13 AM by firstChristmaSnow »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: December Word War
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »
Sign me up.

Now, when we say word war, are we talking about words for one project, or all of our projects?  'Cause I've got a lot more than one project that needs to be worked on this month.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:36:35 AM »
I think we should keep it to just one.  (In my case, working on my book)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »
So if I finish my book and go onto my next one I can't count those? :(

lol. That's probably fair though.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 06:49:05 AM »
No, I think that would be just fine.  You finish this one then decide on ONE project that your words would be applied towards the count.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 03:57:30 AM »
I agree. If you finish with the book, just move onto the next one. But just make sure that you really are done before you move on....And then stick with that one.

And as I said in the nanowrimo thread, I'm up for this. I need to progress further in my book, and I thought nanowrimo would do that. I was wrong....Hopefully this word war will. It should help that I'll be done with the semester for a good half of the month, too....If I can whip out some Raethe days (I think that's my new name for 25k days, or even just any huge wordcount day) I should get pretty far...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
Haha, awesome. Some Raethe days. I feel warm and fuzzy now.

I forget who challenged me to do it twice in a row, but I'm actually... rather curious to see if I can...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:14 AM »
I like that name.  :D

And I think it would be totally awesome if you could do that again.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 04:36:24 AM »
Well, we'll just have to see, won't we? ;)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 07:06:30 AM »
The gauntlet is thrown!  My total for yesterday and today: 2,525 (I think it's a rather cool number.)

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 07:09:03 AM »
Good job! That's 2525 more than I've got so far.

Still thinking I might actually try to make Friday a 30k day. I don't think I have to go anywhere else...

It's too bad we couldn't get status bars for this sort of thing...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »
I'm sure I could make a fancy little icon.  The problem is of course getting them to update themselves and junk.  Plus the satus bar works better for a set end goal.  We're doing more of just a "see how much you can do in this amount of time".  I think a bar graph might work better, which I'm sure I could find a website that allows us to make one.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 07:12:59 AM »
Haha. You're right of course. That was what I meant.

Some writer I am. ::)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 07:14:55 AM »
No worries.

I actually am looking for something right now we could edit.  I think that's an awesome idea.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »
Haha. Yeah, that's one thing I noticed during NaNo, the visual representation of the status bar and the graph really helped. Don't know why. Weird mental thing, I guess.

Plus now whenever I want to inflate my head I can go look at how much the bar graph went up in the last two days. ::)