Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 10443 times)

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
     I chuckled as I watched the man tumble down the marble steps leading up to the doors of the church. Maybe it was mean of me to laugh at something like that, but, well, you don't get a chance to chuckle at slapstick goodness like that every day.
     What was taking so long? When was this wedding going to get started? I grimaced as my belly shouted out its complaints about something I had eaten from the dumpster. I needed some real food. The savory scent of bacon tempted me to go into that chapel and eat to my heart's content, or, rather, my belly's, but I had to show restraint. I couldn't go in there just yet. My timing had to be perfect.
     I looked towards the chapel, then at my watch. My belly shouted at me once more, and I darted behind the dumpster, losing most of my moldy ham lunch.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 01:23:53 AM »
Oh, you've got to be kidding me. The firstthing she'd said.

"No," I sighed, "they're not the shoes you gave me. I told you, I can't wear heels. I can barely walk and chew bubble gum at the same time without them."

When she asked me about if she was doing the right thing, I raised my eyebrows at her. I didn't say, "it's a little late now, isn't it?" which was the first thought that came to mind. I did say, "you're actually asking me?" before pausing and trying to answer the question a little more seriously.

"Of course it is. As long as you're doing what you want, you're doing the right thing." I looked over at her, smiled. "Now come on. Unless you've gotten cold feet," I really didn't think she had, or I wouldn't be making jokes about it, "we probably should get going. I'm guessing your groom wouldn't appreciate it if you left him standing at the altar."

Hayley

• Level 6
  • Things are meant to be the way they're gonna be
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 02:37:01 AM »
I shook my head twice. No, cold feet wasn't an option. Not right now. Okay, it had been quick, but spontanious actions had rarely let me down in the past. This decision would join the successful ones.

Adjusting the veil in front of my face, I picked the two bouquets of flowers up from the table, Raethe's holding large daisies mixed with little forget-me-nots, and my own were blue flowers mixed with little white buds. They looked nice... but maybe they wouldn't go down well? What if they were the wrong type? Or the wrong..... it was far too late to be thinking over those kinds of things now. Raethe was right. It really was time to get going. People were probably wondering where she was.

Wriggling my toes a little, trying to warm them, I handed Raethe her bouquet and walked out of the door, towards the main room where the ceremony was to be held. But until the choir started, I was not to enter the room. Everything had to be done just right.

"You know... after this... I really think you need to work on multi-tasking. And I don't mean chewing gum and walking in flats.... how about... walking in heels whilst reading a newspaper?" Now I was babbling, and I knew it. Damn nerves...
"The rats on the street
They dance around my feet
They seem to say" Hayley "It's up to yooooou!"

Duel! All the cool kids are doing it!

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »
As I trudged up the steps, my skin began to itch and burn again.  It was time to feed once more.  I sensed others above me though I couldn't tell how far away they were, not through all the layers of bacon that lay between us.

The church was the perfect hiding place for my mark.  This was to be the only time I would have a shot at compleating my mission from the Elders.  Years of preparation and planning, and I get lost in the catacombs of pig meat.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
(Come on people, we need to get this thing going again!)

Yup, the church was definatly on fire.  I looked around to see if anyone was going to do anything about it, and found everyone in what I assumed to be a state of shock.  Sighing, I considered one last time using my abilites, but again decided it was best not to.  I was in enough trouble with the bosses as it was.  "Please excuse me," I said to the man next to me, rising.  I realized the best thing to do was find a fire extengusher, but the problem was I had no idea where to start -- or even that it wouldn't be filled with bacon greese.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"