Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 11113 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
The Wedding
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
I walked into the room, nearly reeling from the overpowering smell of bacon.  And really, it wasn't that surprising when I thought about it, since everywhere I looked there were things that had to do with the meat.  I wasn't sure, but I was pretty sure that there was even bacon glued to the lights.  Really, it was kind of making me hungry.

It looked like I was the first one to get there, but I knew there was going to be more coming in.  After all, we had all been there from the beginning.  We had watched him become amazed by her europian origins and propose on the spot.  Ah, love at first site is an amazing thing.  Sitting down, I waited for someone else to come in.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
I watched the firstrainbowrose sit down from where I stood in the doorway.  I had seem her go in, but I wanted to finish my smoke.  Grounding the butt under heel, I silently made my way around the back side of the church.  I checked to make sure I had everything in place, it was, and waited silently in the shadows.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
I had been sitting at the bar for some time when I realized the time. That close already! After leaving some money on the bar, I stood and grabbed my drink while I made my way to the door. Once outside I realized I was fairly bright outside and I kicked myself for forgetting my sunglasses. That was when I noticed that someone was already climbing the stairs to the church across the street. I made my way over and arrived just as the man finished his cigarette. Once alone at the stairs to the church I decided to have a seat and finish my drink, I knew this might take a while and I didn't want to loose my buzz.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:52:20 PM »
I fixed my trench coat, straightening it as I stood outside the large church. One hand pressed dark, tinted shades against the bridge of my nose as I admired the beautiful architecture. A number of early arrivers congregated under the pristine white columns and roof that sheltered cool marble steps.
    As I walked forward, my feet echoed on those same steps. My coat flared and spun dramatically with the wind. I approved.
     You see, I wanted to make an entrance.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:09:45 PM »
From off in the distance, I happened to notice several people entering a church that just so happened to be on my way. Slightly curious, I checked the time,  stroked my short beard in thought, and pondered to myself  'Church? At this hour?'

Obviously unconvinced, I buttoned up and straightened my slightly wrinkled shirt, dusted off my black slacks, run a hand through my slightly ruffled hair, and checked my slightly worn business shoes, and figured I was either casual enough, or formal enough as the occasion warrants, to slip in without too much of a scene.

Continuing down the cemented sidewalk, and heading towards the magnificent steeple, I made sure to walk with a confident air, as to appear that I am supposed to be there. I planned to slip in and steal a seat towards the back, and hopefully get out before my ruse is  unveiled.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:21:04 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Hayley

• Level 6
  • Things are meant to be the way they're gonna be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 12:29:59 AM »
Bacon really wasn’t something I had been keen on until recently. Sometimes, the smell of it in the morning made me get out of bed... but other times left me hiding under the covers, longing for it to go away as fast as possible. Though, when I had seen the church, all of those thoughts completely flew out of my mind. This was the place. I knew it.

No. We knew it. The church was the first we had set eyes on, but, the situation reminded me at least of how we fell in love. It was the first time we had met. First time we had spoken even. Nonetheless, he was the one, and I didn’t need a neon sign to prove the matter.

The morning of the wedding had been spent getting ready... going to have my hair done, and zipping into the decorated white dress. I had dreamed of this day all my life, and no matter how quick the rest of the relationship had been, I was going to feel like I’d always wanted to feel on my big day. Our big day. The day we’d remember forever.

Placing a tiara in my hair, all curled and expertly pinned back, I looked in the mirror. This was the right time... it just had to be. Butterflies began to appear in my stomach as I looked away from the reflection. This was not the time for second thoughts. I’d gone to extreme lengths to make sure I didn’t get cold feet. Three pairs of socks would cover them until I put on the shoes that hadn’t even been worn in yet. Hopefully they wouldn’t hurt by the end of the day. If they did... well... a brave face it would have to be.

Standing up, I walked over to the window, noting the guests beginning to arrive. My bridesmaid was somewhere around too. Where, I wasn’t quite sure... maybe scowling at the heels that were to go with the sky blue dress that had been on the hanger in the next room... maybe she had put in a phone call to get them changed. To be honest, I’d not left my room in about an hour... maybe longer.

Maybe my feet were colder than I first thought. Perhaps a fourth pair of socks were in order.

It wouldn’t  be long until it was time to go now.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:53:49 AM by HayleyRH »
"The rats on the street
They dance around my feet
They seem to say" Hayley "It's up to yooooou!"

Duel! All the cool kids are doing it!

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 12:33:19 AM »
I waited, watched, and judged as one by one people began to wander in from outside into the church.  I had been here long enough for the sanctity of this place to begin affecting me.  My skin began to itch and burn; not painfully, but in a rather uncomfortable way that no shifting or shrugging of my shoulders would alleviate.  I ran my tongue over my eye teeth as they too started to itch.  I would have to start soon if my mission was to be successful.

Movement from outside snagged my attention; a man going through the dumpster across the way.  Feeding will help give me the time I need to wait, but it might be cutting it a little close.  My hunger would not be denied; compelled I began making my way out of hiding to exit the church

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »
After finishing my drink I spent a few minutes sucking on the ice at the bottom of the glass. I might need every drop to get me through the ceremony. I mean that's the worst part anyway. Sitting in those pews or chairs and listening to some guy that no one even knows blather on about eternal love. What a joke. Not love of course, love is great. Good for anyone who was in love and wanting to get married. I just don't understand why people don't just invite me to the reception? They keep insisting that I go to the ceremony. I guess its alright seeing how they're friends.

After dumping the remaining contents of my glass in the bushes I stood and made my way to the door. Once inside I was pleasantly surprised to detect an aroma of bacon. Bacon! Well I guess this is one wedding I can enjoy. So I made my way down the center isle and took a seat in the fourth row right on the isle. Not too close but close enough to see the tension and the looks on the bride and grooms faces. I checked my phone while I waited for more people to arrive to make sure it was on silent. After confirming that status of my phone I looked over my shoulder to see if anyone I knew was arriving and I noticed someone leaving from the back of the church. Ah well, at least I lasted longer than who ever that was. I just hope it wasn't the bride or groom.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
Standing in my office, I looked carefully in the mirror. Today was to be a big day - the first wedding in the Church of Fellfrosch that hopefully wouldn't end with someone dying of a cholesterol-induced heart-attack, or mass vomiting - and everything was to be perfect.

Picking up the large, feathered purple and black headdress from it's stand, I neatly set it on my head, and used the mirror to set it into place. As I continued setting about myself with regalia, I listened to the small din from the main chapel, and hoped that the rabid servants/altar-boys had set out the appetizers and lit the bacon incense.

Finishing my arduous preparations, I stepped out into the main chapel and took a good look around at the handful of people gathered. Never had so many graced this hall - except that one time we were mysteriously chosen to host a Fat-Losers meeting.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:23:26 AM »
I glanced at my watch before turning back to the dumpster. It was starting soon. Foraging through the trash, I went over the game plan in my head. My timing had to be perfect. ooh! this pizza box has a few crusts left in it! There would be no room for error. However, I had confidence in my plan. How many movies with wedding scenes had I watched? How many hours had I spent rehearsing my entrance? I was prepared. Nothing was going to stop me. Hey, there's a few drops of Mountain Dew left in this bottle! Oh boy!

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:02 AM »
I looked around the room, noting the fabulous strips of bacon hanging from the ten foot ceiling to just over my head. Yes, the after-wedding luncheon and dance would be legendary. All that was left for The Bacon Brothers to show up. They were a bit more country than I was used to, but the Fellfroschian ministry had spent hours explaining why no one else could play for a true believer's reception. Apparently there were several songs specially composed by the brothers for church services. "Skin Like Roasted Bacon" stood out particularly on the list.

Walking across the room to the window, I looked outside. There was the church, just across a beautiful field. Still no sign of StoatLad. The wanker had probably forgotten. I strode across the room and grabbed the receiver of the phone, feeling the soft salted meat in my hand. This was by far the most posh room I had ever had the opportunity to enter. Even the couches seemed to be upholstered with bacon. How they had managed to keep them from ripping was a mystery. Probably some arcane method unknown to all but members of the church.

Looking back to the slimy receiver in my hand, I remembered why I had picked it up in the first place. I dialed and looked around as the phone rang.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:31 AM »
Standing in a back room with the other Chorus members, I sighed and looked around, wondering how much longer until the ceremony was to begin. The bacon clock on the wall seemed like a good idea, but whoever had engineered it hadn't quite mastered the mechanics of the clock. It didn't tick.....Actually, it didn't function at all.

I glanced out the window and judged from the brightness and the position of the sun that we'd been there for 2 hours and 36 minutes. I knew the reasons for the practice. The Chorus had to sound perfect. The priest would stand for nothing less on this momentous day for the Church. And as nerve-wracking as it was for me to know people would judge mine and the others laughs, I couldn't help thinking that I'd rather be standing in the Chorus than up at that altar....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
I crouched above him, hidden from casual view, atop an ornamental ledge on the side of the building.  I studied his movements as he gleefully pulled hidden treasures from the waste of others.  Ironic really, as I do much the same thing.
So much is wasted and lost, things gone unused as people go about their lives, oblivious to the waste they generate.

I have the way to use their waste, their unknown squandering of things left unsaid, to fuel my own needs.

I fed as the man's excitement wafted from him, his charged emotion fueling my starved soul.  I sucked in his wasted energy, that bit that's always left over.  They say we only use 10-20% of our brains, their wrong; it's used but wasted, as people as a whole have not learned to harness their own power.  My kind has known for millennia, have been able to feed on the masses of humanity without them ever realizing it.

My own power now charged, I climbed the shade-darkened side of the church.  I stopped at a stained glass window of unusual design and removed two panes.  Was that a clock made of Bacon?

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 03:31:04 AM »
I paused, a piece of moldy ham hanging from my mouth, noticing that I had suddenly felt unusually tired and emotionally numb. I shrugged, and returned to checking the bottom of the discarded shoe for gum.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:40 AM »
I looked up from the book I had been reading, and was slightly surprised to see that there were a few other people in the room.  Hm... time to go and be... well, who I am I thought.  Closing my book (but not before I made note of the page number) I glided over to one of the other guests, loving the feel of my long flowing skirts around my legs.  (Okay, let's be honest here, I simply loved my dress.  It made me feel like I had just stepped out of a faerie tale, with the dropped sleeves, matching gloves, and my hair done up just so.  Just exactly my style.  Sadly though, there were so few excuses to wear such clothing)  As I walked towards the man seated a few rows behind I tried to decide if I should go with a full introduction (which, might take a while) or something simple.  When I finally reached him, I simply held out my hand with a smile and said, "Hi."
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"