Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Bolt
« on: November 22, 2008, 06:31:57 AM »
We just got back from this movie. It was WHOLLY AWESOME.

Seriously, this was a fantastic movie. I was completely un-disappointed by it. So often movies are disappointing these days, and this one completely isn't.

The movie we expected to see from the trailer was the movie we got. Hooray!

Three cheers for John Lasseter.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
Re: Bolt
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
Well well, this is great news, but wholly bad news.  I don't have the money for all these good movies, hah.  I need to go watch Madagascar two as well. 

I'm happy that the preview just show the best moments of the movie--because I thought the previews for Bolt have been amazing.  I can't remember the line exactly, but when the hamster/gerbil thing says he's going to kill some guy...I was laughing pretty hard.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »
I want lots of people to go see this movie and then buy the video game because my husband's studio is doing the game and I want it to sell well.  Actually, I want to see the movie too.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
I'm not saying this was as sophisticated as a Pixar movie, but think of anything bad about Disney movies of the last 10 years—this movie is wiped clean of that. It's just honestly good, and it doesn't try too hard.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »
I am not sure what to think of this since I really don't like either of the leads...
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 12:16:58 AM »
I couldn't tell that Bolt was Travolta, and I'm not familiar with Miley Cyrus's voice. She's not in a lot of the movie anyway, but her voice seemed perfect for her character. The real female lead is the cat, Mittens (Susie Essman)

But the hamster Rhino (Mark Walton) steals the show.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 07:36:20 AM »
Has anyone who's seen this movie also seen 101 Dalmations 2: Patch's London Adventure?  I'm just wondering how similar they are, because to me it seems like a rework of that plot, with a few new things.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"