Author Topic: Confronted with the dead  (Read 1892 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Confronted with the dead
« on: December 21, 2004, 06:06:20 AM »
So I was doing an internet search to see if I could find my Grandfathers address online on google to address a Christmas card before I leave work. I entered his name, and the city he lives in, and do you know what the number one hit on google was? It was my Grandmothers obituary from 1995. Its odd, I never expected to find that.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Confronted with the dead
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 03:46:40 AM »
That's pretty freaky, but it sort of makes sense.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 03:39:56 AM »
One of my best friend's eight-month-old son died this weekend.  He was diagnosed with cancer two months ago, and he's been going through chemo.  I'm going up to Kaysville for the funeral tomorrow.  I don't even know how I would deal with something like that.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:14:17 PM »
Were you able to get up there yesterday, Fish?

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 06:13:37 PM »
Yeah, I borrowed my roommates huge old station wagon that doesn't have any heat.  And I'd never driven in the snow before.  So it was an adventure, but it meant we got to go.  I was glad, because I think it meant alot to Alison that we came.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes