Poll

Who would you like to see as the second Mod of WE? (Hoping Sprig lets it happen.)

Chaos
9 (60%)
Raethe
5 (33.3%)
One of SE's monkeys.
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 24, 2008, 08:40:32 AM

Author Topic: Mod Voting!  (Read 7271 times)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
Mod Voting!
« on: November 19, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »
Alright. Assuming we're allowed to pick our Lord Ruler... I mean Moderator, who would you folks rather have? Any new nominations can be added as they come up.

The poll is open for five days, and anyone who votes may alter their vote until that time. At 12:39 MST, next Sunday, the vote will close.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Mod Voting!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:14 AM »
Avalon, is it possible to edit in another person if they get nominated? The nomination process moved rather quickly, and while I thought that only Raethe and I have been brought up for the moderator position, it wouldn't be right to leave anyone out of the process.

(Also, to reiterate what I said in the Rules of Reading Excuses topic: No flaming, because both Raethe and I are a little ambivalent on the subject of who gets picked; we'd go for whoever gets picked. It's no big deal)
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:51:28 AM »
Yes, I can add new people in, and extend the deadline.

NOTE: SE is Saint Elhers, I put it up as a joke... now reconsidering that attempt...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:09:34 AM by AvalonCreamCorn »
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

Manyang

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
I'm a bit confused on the abbreviations used I'm afraid. I have no idea what to make of SE. I'm assuming WE is writing excuses though.
Anyway, I think it would be a good idea if we have someone who is participating to be able to mod this section. Who that person should be doesn't really matter for me.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
SE is the abbreviation for SaintEhlers, an administrator on TWG. The monkeys were more of an inside joke than anything, since SE's current name is "The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers". He's the Master of Monkeys, apparently.

Manyang

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
I see.
Thanks for the explanation and sorry for killing the joke  ;D

Karl

• Level 5
  • Rolling. Speed. Scene one, take one. ACTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
Forgive my ignorance of all things forum, but is it possible to have co-moderators? I only suggest this sine I know Raethe is a student with limited time (get back to your studies! *WHIP*), and I'm sure others have "lives" outside of this. Co-moderators could catch more problems that one over-strained one. Just an idea.

Oh, and since I'll take the blame for naming this forum, I might as well jump on the grenade and volunteer to be a moderator (preferring a 'co-' prefix with that).
"When I came to this town five years ago I didn't have a nickle in my pocket. Now I have a nickle in my pocket."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
Forgive my ignorance of all things forum, but is it possible to have co-moderators? I only suggest this sine I know Raethe is a student with limited time (get back to your studies! *WHIP*), and I'm sure others have "lives" outside of this. Co-moderators could catch more problems that one over-strained one. Just an idea.

Oh, and since I'll take the blame for naming this forum, I might as well jump on the grenade and volunteer to be a moderator (preferring a 'co-' prefix with that).

I really don't know about that. That's the discretion of the administrators, I guess.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:53:11 PM »
Ow!

But Karl, I don't WANT to! :(

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
Well, Fell is already the Mod over this board, the idea now is to get someone a little more diligent than him here for when it all goes up in flames Dec 1.

We might be able to get co-mods thought, that'd be awesome.

*Evil grin*

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:11:05 AM »
I can make as many of you into mods as I want, though what I want is still very up in the air. Raethe and Chaos both seem fairly active, so I could mod them both, but do they want it? Would they do it? You're the tribal council here, and I'm just the divine hand that makes dreams into reality. Choose your leader(s), have Avalon send me a single, official message (for lo, he is my chosen messenger), and I will make it happen.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

M

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:55 AM »
I knew I liked Dan...he used a Survivor reference! Clearly the best show on TV!  That aside, I say both should do it.  Then one can pick up the slack if the other is unable to moderate.  There is my two cents.

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 12:24:07 AM »
Doesn't really matter to me who ends up getting picked, or even if someone is chosen at all. I just thank that a lot of you are spending large amounts of time posting in this forum that would be BETTER SPENT WRITING!!! *lets a loose a pack 'o dogs* Now back ta work all o' ya!
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 01:48:07 AM »
Just what would a Mod do in RE?

What are the responsibilities?
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 02:10:01 AM »
Well, it seems we're well on our way to actually getting our writing group organized, so it seems to me that the mod's responsibilities will mostly be housekeeping stuff - pinning threads that need to be pinned, editing threads that need to be edited, that sort of thing. We're a level-headed bunch, we don't need a lot of p0licing.

Raethe would be happy to be a mod, or to be one of the mods. She would not be at all bothered if she wasn't a mod, either, since she's sure whoever's picked will do a good job.

Actually, having two mods might not be a bad idea.  Might make things a bit more efficient, since we're all busy people.