Poll

Who would you like to see as the second Mod of WE? (Hoping Sprig lets it happen.)

Chaos
9 (60%)
Raethe
5 (33.3%)
One of SE's monkeys.
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 24, 2008, 08:40:32 AM

Author Topic: Mod Voting!  (Read 9714 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Voting!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 02:16:50 AM »
Raethe likes to talk in the third person.  I'm just messing with you. So I think you guys have done a great job over here. Your organized and have willing members. Its cool to see this stuff. Its also cool that they are going to let you elect a MOD. I mean look at you your all grow up. Anyway I know I'm not a member although I would like to be so I voted due to my experience on the boards. Its good to see this election is a little "cleaner" than the last one if you know what I mean.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 02:35:30 AM »
Raethe likes to talk in the third person.  I'm just messing with you. So I think you guys have done a great job over here. Your organized and have willing members. Its cool to see this stuff. Its also cool that they are going to let you elect a MOD. I mean look at you your all grow up. Anyway I know I'm not a member although I would like to be so I voted due to my experience on the boards. Its good to see this election is a little "cleaner" than the last one if you know what I mean.

Monsta, just post in the Email List topic with your email and you're in. No big deal :P

The other election was funny, though. Good times.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to read the other posts on page one. Two moderators doesn't sound like a bad idea. It would make things more efficient, like Raethe said. I'm not bothered at all if I wasn't a mod, and whoever is chosen will do well.

I think two mods will be good, since this Reading Excuses thing could get very large.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:42:27 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
I also agree with the idea of two mods.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »
Once again, why don't we stick with the "Ride it out and plan after we get an idea" theory? If one mod + Fellfrosh can't manage the group, then we can ask for more as we need them; I'm sure Sprig will be helpful, if only so he doesn't have to do it himself, lol.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35:50 AM »
I didn't really think Fell was going to be doing much moderating at all. I dunno, it's not like adding two mods for a board would be much more difficult than adding one. It might actually be easier since either way we'd have to track someone down to do it for us if we decided we wanted another mod later.

Again, though... It's hardly life or death. Just going for what seems easiest here.

WEKM

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »
I vote for both Raethe and Chaos. If nothing else, if things get too tense, we can sit back and watch them mod each other to death.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »
Simultaneous double banhammer!
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
although I'm tempted by the amusement factor of  an SE monkey winning out over Chaos and Raethe, I had to resist.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »
Alright, folks. There is a distinct possibility of us taking both as our chosen leaders.

If anyone has any problems with this course of action, tell me now, and your please will be ignored... I mean taken into account.

Please be prompt, as the decision will be made shortly.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:47:07 AM by AvalonCreamCorn »

*Evil grin*

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 12:53:38 AM »
The tribe has spoken.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Sounds good to me. I'm not exactly sure two moderators are needed just yet, but I think it's a great pre-emptive action that will keep Reading Excuses in relative tranquility. We don't know how hectic things will be once submission time rolls around, so I'm all for this course of action of two moderators. Really, there's no reason not to have two moderators.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 01:03:07 AM »
Go for it. :D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 01:46:58 AM »
It is agreed then.

Chaos is there ever going to be an election on TWG that you don't win? I'm starting to get depressed here. Although I voted for you because I had never seen Raethe before that doesn't mean that I don't want to see you loose. Nothing personal but when you vow to capture someone it doesn't make them want you to be an elected official.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »
If anyone has any problems with this course of action, tell me now, and your please will be ignored... I mean taken into account.

Ahh, democracy at its finest.

Vowing to capture someone? Eh? Sounds like there's a story here I'm missing - do tell. Better yet, write it out and do it as a RE submission. ::)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 08:32:32 AM »
The PM has been sent. Hopefully over the course of tomorrow, our Mods to be are raised to their new status, and RE shall have it's official leaders.

Updates shall come as the are received.

~Divine Messenger of The Almighty,
 AvalonDreamer

*Evil grin*