Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 186531 times)

Asmodemon

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Email List + Submission Dates
« Reply #1215 on: April 17, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
I've been doing a lot of overtime at work lately, which has left me rather drained, but I think I've got something for monday.

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 18, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
I do too.  Working two jobs makes everything difficult.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #1217 on: April 20, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Silk I forget if this is the right thread. I apologize if not, but I'd like to be added back to the list.  I've a bit more time than I did. :)
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #1218 on: April 20, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
Good to have you back, Renoard.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1219 on: April 23, 2010, 10:36:41 PM »
Yes, welcome back. :)

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 04, 2010, 12:16:43 AM »
I think I might have something for today. Anyone mind if I post it? (I think I'm the only one with something this week?)
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

lethalfalcon

• Level 5
  • Why won't insomnia leave me alone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 04, 2010, 12:23:13 AM »
I don't see a problem. :)
I don't have good days. I have great days, where I'm a magician ridding the world of all evil, or at least everything I don't like. And then I wake up, and it's back to work for me.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1222 on: May 04, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »
Yeah, go for it.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 04, 2010, 02:56:42 AM »
Here's a random thought from my sleep-deprived mind. In regards to the submissions... would it be easier if we allowed them every day of the week, with a limit of one per week per person, and perhaps a day of advanced notice for everyone else? This came to mind because I noticed, the previous two times I had submissions, that I finished them usually on Tuesday or Wednesday, and then I'd have to wait several days before I could send them out.

Maybe this has been considered before, I dunno. It make sense to me, but then again, I've spent the last five days barely sleeping and working on a Jack The Ripper board game from scratch...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1224 on: May 04, 2010, 07:12:55 AM »
Usually if anyone asks in the middle of the week we just make an exception and let them submit anyway. I can't see why we wouldn't unless it was already a full week. We've stuck to the one-day-a-week thing because that makes it easier to keep track of who's actually submitting, and we can cap submissions if we need to. It's to keep everybody from getting overwhelmed with stuff.

Personally, I like the current system. I am also only one voice.

lethalfalcon

• Level 5
  • Why won't insomnia leave me alone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
Given that several people don't submit on Monday already, I'm not really sure it means much to say "submissions are on Monday". I *do* think it's better to have submissions around the same time, because then if we ever did get busy, we could say "okay, only 5 people can submit this week". If we went to a first-come, first-serve system, then the people who submit on Sunday would get preferential treatment, and the late comers would get annoyed that they could never submit.

Of course, given that right now there's one or two per week, as Silk said, just notify that you have something done, and more than likely there won't be any problem with you sending it mid-week. We really don't want to deny you just because it isn't Monday.
I don't have good days. I have great days, where I'm a magician ridding the world of all evil, or at least everything I don't like. And then I wake up, and it's back to work for me.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 04, 2010, 07:57:47 AM »
Good points, both of you, and I agree with them. I like the current system for those reasons, and have no real objections to the Monday thing, other than I have a tendency to finish chapters (when I actually manage to get some writing done) on Tuesdays. (Then again, having the extra days gives me time to edit...). It was just something that popped into my head and I thought I might put out there.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 09, 2010, 01:19:08 AM »
Well I actually have something to submit this week.  Yay.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM »
Me too. (I think).
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Drew P

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 12, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
Hello all! This is my first post here, but I would love to join the email list as well. Nothing submission worthy yet, but I'm 2,000 words in on a short-story that I would love to be able to have critiqued. (Assuming this one actually gets written!)