Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 215730 times)

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
Re: Email List + Submission Dates
« Reply #465 on: January 31, 2009, 06:15:17 AM »
Granite Sunrise isn't exactly what I would have named my current project. It would be called something far closer to its nature of dealing with assassins if not for a certain vampire romance novel.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »
Did you want it named specifically 'Twilight'? Or a title of another book in the series? Or a title with the word twilight in it?....And I can totally see why you wouldn't want your book to be associated with that flaming pile of garbage.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Karl

• Level 5
  • Rolling. Speed. Scene one, take one. ACTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 31, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »
And I can totally see why you wouldn't want your book to be associated with that flaming pile of garbage...
...that makes obscene amounts of money. Yeah, I wouldn't want my name on those paychecks either...
"When I came to this town five years ago I didn't have a nickle in my pocket. Now I have a nickle in my pocket."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #468 on: January 31, 2009, 08:04:30 AM »
Yes, they do make a lot of money, and I would love to make that much money, but.....I'd rather not have my name on THOSE paychecks, because that would mean that I would be associated with that crap. Have you READ Twilight? Garbage. Shouldn't even be called literature....It's utterly terrible.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 31, 2009, 08:07:51 AM »
Did you have to get Wilson on her 'I Hate Twilight' tirade again;)
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #470 on: January 31, 2009, 08:10:01 AM »
Hahaha. Sorry Jacque....You know that it really doesn't take a whole lot to get me ranting about Twilight, though....Do you remember that Facebook note?....If only I could link to it here....

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #471 on: January 31, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
Frog: Wilson's not the only one. I have a friend who starts twitching and making unhappy noises if Twilight is so much alluded to in his presence.

Dunno if that makes you feel any better...

Welcome, Revast.

Reaves and Cards for Monday so far?

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #472 on: January 31, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
Oh, she's not really complaining......At least she better not be....

And on a related sidenote, I'm on AIM right now. And I just looked over and saw the word "Eclipse"..... ::)

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 31, 2009, 09:16:56 AM »
Frog: Wilson's not the only one. I have a friend who starts twitching and making unhappy noises if Twilight is so much alluded to in his presence.

Funny thing is, it's women who should feel offended by it...
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 31, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »
Don't worry. We do. Where's Buffy when we need her?  ;D

Oh, she's not really complaining......At least she better not be....

That sounds like a threat. Almost makes me want to start complaining just to see what happens.  ;)
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #475 on: January 31, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
Did you want it named specifically 'Twilight'? Or a title of another book in the series? Or a title with the word twilight in it?....And I can totally see why you wouldn't want your book to be associated with that flaming pile of garbage.

I was going to have  Twilight in the title, but it would have been part of the phrase. I think that *insert worst, most offensive expletive possible here* book series serves only to prove that....I'm just going to end this right here before something bad happens.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »
But....if that something is in regards to Twilight, can it really be "bad"? Because Twilight is already so bad, that I'm not sure it can really get any worse....

Jacque....just...don't do anything to our MC just to get back at me. Like. Atomic detonations, or something like that....I know it won't be permanent, but....I think it would be more than slightly out of place in our book...

Funny thing is, it's women who should feel offended by it...

And this is why I don't understand why so many females like it....Argh. Apparently they would have no problem being oppressed, so long as their oppressor is a hot-static-stalker-boy-vampire.....*shudder*

Karl

• Level 5
  • Rolling. Speed. Scene one, take one. ACTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:19 PM »
You know that it really doesn't take a whole lot to get me ranting about Twilight, though....

I understand. I'm the same way about films by Uwe Boll or Roland Emmerich.
"When I came to this town five years ago I didn't have a nickle in my pocket. Now I have a nickle in my pocket."

Hamster

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Hey Silk, I'm pretty sure I asked on the last page, but could you please put me down for Monday as well?

And about Twilight, don't get me started either. My sister was obsessed for a week with those books, but wouldn't even read Mistborn when I recommended it. I mean, how can someone love those...books... and then not read something as good as Mistborn, especially since I got the rest of my family to love it?

What is this world coming to?

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #479 on: January 31, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »
Well in all fairness, I actually was a fan of them for a little bit. I read Twilight in about 15 hours--stayed up all night reading it pretty much. Meyer's writing style is addictive, and since I'm very easily entertained, I got sucked in....However, the literary value of her books is nil. And so after I got done reading, and actually thinking about what I had read....not so good. And then the hype started to kick in for the books...and I'm like "Why? There's so many other better books out there!"

And since then (over a year ago), my opinion has dropped so far that now any time I hear the mention of Twilight, I shudder....The reaction is worse for the author though. I hate that woman. More than I can possibly put words to. I utterly loathe her....