Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 211757 times)

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
Re: Email List + Submission Dates
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17:26 AM »
Have we agreed on some sort of tag for the mails? Being able to shield them from the attentions of overzealous spam filters would be quite handy, I think.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2008, 09:19:04 AM »
I would think something like "Writing group submission for (insert date) by (name)" would work just fine.  Because then it would be nice for us to easily see when it was sent, and for when.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
... and "writing group submission" is highly unlikely to feature in an email about not at all dubious sources of cheap pharmaceuticals. :D

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
Well, you can set up most e-mail programs to look for certain things in the subject line and automatically put them in a specific folder.  So not only would they more then likely not go in your junk folder, you wouldn't have them in your inbox either.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »
Yeah, I kinda like the "reading excuses submission - date - name" format. Good idea, Flo.

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »
I would be willing to submit on Dec. 1st, if there is still room for that.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
There sure is. I'll put you down. :)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2008, 09:27:11 PM »
Anyone else itching for that magic day to come around? We should all get cupcakes and candles and celebrate the Grand Opening of RE on the first...
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »
That's a great idea! I say the celebration should entail a practice for the evil-laughing chorus, too....It should come after we all stuff our faces with chocolate cupcakes, so that way our vocal chords are in the worst possible condition for laughing (assuming laughing works the same as singing....which I don't think it really does, but oh well....).
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
You plan, but I'll focus on working on my submission for the 1st :P Busy busy...
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Mine's almost ready. After my trip out to Iowa, it ought to be perfectly ready. ^^

I've been thinking about ways we could be awesomer, though: what about a bit of HTML for  signatures that points to a neat RE graphic that links back to the board? Spread the love!
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »
That would be pretty sweet. I say let's do it!....And no, I'm not volunteering. I'm not technologically savvy enough for that.

If the graphic was cool enough, we could totally become the most envied people on here.  Us and our sweet Evil Laughing Chorus. Just as a reference, here's how it would look: us and our ELC--  8) Everyone else--  :o

And now I really need to get back to editing my submission for Dec 1st...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »
I have Photoshop. I can totally make "art" by just making some cool text effects.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
alright what the hey. add me. 

I think we will end up needing more than one group. 7-10 seems like an optimum number.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:28:47 AM by Silk »
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:30 AM »
Do it! If you need someone to scratch up the HTML or host the image, I can take care of that. My artistry is limited to writing.

*Evil grin*