Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 186485 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Email List + Submission Dates
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Sure, I'll change it. I have no idea what handles people usually go on this forum, so yeah, don't mind me.

And yes, entirely right. It's funny, though, the number of people who are genuinely surprised when I tell them I am a girl. I must project a particularly male vibe or something.

Maybe going into the Profile section on TWG and putting info that you are Female might help alleviate the problem :P
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2008, 07:04:09 PM »
My e-mail: 
I'm able to submit either on the 1st or the 15th.

Oh, and Raethe, you're not the only one who might "project a particularly male vibe." I get the impression sometimes that I do, too....although I'm not entirely surprised by that. I've got three older brothers who for the longest time when I was younger I wanted to be just like....I assume my mistaken gender can be blamed on that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:27:04 AM by Silk »
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Manyang

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »
Actually when names are ambiguous in gender people tend to default to assuming that person is male.
Not sure why exactly but it probably has something to with the myth that there are no women on the internet.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »
Huh, I thought I'd done that already.  Changed my profile, that is...

Wilson: You blame your brothers, I'll blame my friends, since all of my friends at university are guys. I dunno about this no women on the Internet thing, since I have far more female friends online than not. ::)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »
I try and pick of from how people write, actually. Raethe has a soft, imperious way about her posts that remind me oddly of my friend Kerri. Wilson, honestly I wasn't sure about you, until I saw that the pic was a girl; I thought/hoped you were RJ's Wilson, but that was wishful thinking on my part. Miyabi is another one I thought was a girl, for which I apologize (pink/purple writing? lol), but could you blame me?

Just make sure that none of you are talking monkeys, or Chaos will condemn you. ^^
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
Fortunately, "talking monkey" isn't a choice in the "Gender" field :P.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Email List
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
Then it helps if you give us your email so we can actually send you stuff :P

But then someone might get confused and think I'll actually comment on it!! I know it sounds weird but for now I'll just read the comments, I don't need the originals.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
Oook oook. What?

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
You confused about the talking monkeys part? Me too. Maybe they'll explain.

Sorry to disappoint, Avalon, but no, I'm not RJ's Wilson. Although that would've been pretty cool.

And wait, Miyabi ISN'T a girl?....I didn't know that. Of course, I've only been around a few days, but I'd just assumed because of the font color.....Obviously I was wrong. (You know what they say about assuming...)

Hmmm. Maybe I should switch my pic to a gender-neutral one. Then I could fool more people....Even though it says on my profile that I'm a girl, so...yeah. That might not work....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »
Great. You sign up, find the forum empty, go and do other stuff for a few days and now there's dozens of posts that I'm too lazy to read. I hope this hasn't been suggested before, but how about splitting things up into smaller groups, genre-wise? Because I for one would really like to join in on the fun, the length of the email list is a bit daunting, however.

Now if you've discussed all this before, just answer with a heartfelt "read the thread, dumbass".

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2008, 10:36:26 PM »
I still don't think it would be feasible to split groups up according to genre. I genre-hop way too much in my own work and I can't imagine I'm the only one that does. Besides, it'd be an organizational nightmare.

I do agree that that email list is getting rather large. Maybe we should have three groups instead of two. That'd mean we'd each be submitting every month and a half rather than every month...

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »
Oh, there are already multiple groups? Kay, I'm reading the thread now.
The groups thing was my main point anyway, genre was simply the first possibility of demarcation that sprang to mind.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »
Yeah, essentially we're splitting that reading list into two groups - everybody still reads everybody's stuff, but some of us will submit on the first of each month and some of us will submit on the fifteenth of each month.

Ideally we'll have a half and half split, but right now we've only got 3 or 4 people submitting on the 1st, which means we'll have like 11 people submitting on the 15th. I'm hoping we get a couple more takers for the first submission.

(Hint hint. I'd do it myself, but I don't have anything worth submitting right now that hasn't already been workshopped to death.)

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »
I can submit on the first. But I do have a question on time frames for response to submissions: is it up to the end of the thirty day period, or until the next set of submissions?
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »
All right, sign me up:
I probably won't be submitting anything myself for a while, what with ink on paper being not exactly easily mailable and all, but I aim to begin digitalisation sometime early next year...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:27:24 AM by Silk »