Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 186536 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Email List
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
I'm going to submit on the 15th of each month.  I'm going to see if I can't get a new short story of decent lengeth, and decent writing done by then.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »
I can join?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:25:06 AM by Silk »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »
Total lolcat moment, but yeah. If we have 9 people, we could do 3 cycles of 3 people: a 1st, 11th and 21st.

(You're a software dev major?! *high five*)
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2008, 09:44:55 PM »
I can join?

Of course you can join. We accept everyone! Well, everyone who is a writer, that is. For example, no talking monkeys. Since you aren't a talking monkey, I think you're fine.

Total lolcat moment, but yeah. If we have 9 people, we could do 3 cycles of 3 people: a 1st, 11th and 21st.

(You're a software dev major?! *high five*)

Meh. That seems too complicated. I'd rather have larger groups. I'm sure there will be more people coming on the email list eventually, so there's no need to limit it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:25:47 AM by Silk »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
I agree.  I think it should simply be a submit on one of the two cycles, and go from there.  Anyone who joins after the firsts round can be either added or assigned a new group depending on how far past the first round we are.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
Wait, no talking monkeys? Why do we have to go off and discriminate against Ookla? Isn't a Mok some sort of monkey?

I will not sit idly by as you play fast and loose with what orating or non-orating forms of primate, avian or otherwise may or may not be in this writing group! Frankly, I am appalled, and... Actually, I'd be a bit interested to read what a parrot would have to write...

And way to go, shooting down my cleverly crafted idea... Jk. Two would work better from an organization standpoint.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »
Wait, no talking monkeys? Why do we have to go off and discriminate against Ookla? Isn't a Mok some sort of monkey?

I will not sit idly by as you play fast and loose with what orating or non-orating forms of primate, avian or otherwise may or may not be in this writing group! Frankly, I am appalled, and... Actually, I'd be a bit interested to read what a parrot would have to write...

I was taking a sip of water as I read your post, and I very nearly spit it on my monitor. That was hilarious.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »
I'm just sitting here dieing of laugher, and hoping that my job calls and tells me they don't need me today so I can stay home and read everything as it comes in.  This is too much fun to miss.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
We are just so much fun to be around.

Besides, we are "bonding". Yeah. That way, we are more comfortable giving feedback on submissions! Certainly, we would never goof off like this. This is serious business.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
Yes, serious. Serious like an ill-uttered Nietzsche quote while drunk, at an office party, huddled under a table. And contrary to what anyone says, I was NOT being paranoid that the Fourth Reich was attacking our building...

In other news, floor buffers are really loud.

*Evil grin*

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »
I'm going to sit out of this for a while, although I'll read comments of other peoples stuff! I may join once you guys get a firm schedule going, just to shake things up.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
I'm going to sit out of this for a while, although I'll read comments of other peoples stuff! I may join once you guys get a firm schedule going, just to shake things up.

Then it helps if you give us your email so we can actually send you stuff :P

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »
I think the 15th is looking like my kind of deadline right now. I've got too much on my plate due at or around the 1st already.
Well back to NaNo writing...
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »
*pulls out a whip*

Darn straight back to NaNo writing.

Hey chaos, ever consider a spam label?

*Evil grin*

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2008, 12:47:42 AM »
If I were to put a label on my can, it would have to be better than spam :P