Poll

Who would you like to see as the second Mod of WE? (Hoping Sprig lets it happen.)

Chaos
9 (60%)
Raethe
5 (33.3%)
One of SE's monkeys.
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 24, 2008, 08:40:32 AM

Author Topic: Mod Voting!  (Read 7272 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Voting!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
So we are praying to Fell through you?  Wait... are you shiny too?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
Child of Pollen, I am not shiny, for I do not have the glory that shininess requires, but a mere humble glow from brushing with such mighty beasts.

*glows*

As for prayer, his Lordship He-Who-Smileth-Upon-His-Followers-With-Righteous-Joy does enjoy the occasional recognition for the wonder he visits on this board. Pray where you will, for his mighty eyes shall read anything posted within this forum.

^^
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
Vowing to capture someone? Eh? Sounds like there's a story here I'm missing - do tell. Better yet, write it out and do it as a RE submission. ::)

It's their little game on the thread 'These Stupid Titles" in the Rants and Stuff board....Apparently Monsta escaped the law, and he's being hidden by others, and Chaos has vowed to find him and bring him to justice.....that's an extremely condensed version, and I'm positive I'm missing something, but......yeah.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
The reason why I'm doing is that I am, technically, an agent of the government. I was elected the Hero of Ages in the Brandon Sanderson forums over some nonsensical debate (see: http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6073.0), which I ended up winning (which explains Monsta's comment about my ability to win elections). We joked that I became the Lord Ruler, and so when Monsta leveled up one time and broke out of jail (these titles are quite hilariously ridiculous), as the Lord Ruler, it was my duty to capture him. Or something.

Ahem, now that we are all caught up on our inside jokes...

It appears Raethe and I are now listed as Moderators. However, it also appears like I cannot even pin a topic. Maybe I'm just not seeing any moderation options at all, but really, I've moderated forums before, so I thought I knew where to look for the moderation abilities. Apparently they are hiding, or I don't have them. Hmmm...
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 07:40:11 PM »
The reason why I'm doing is that I am, technically, an agent of the government. I was elected the Hero of Ages in the Brandon Sanderson forums over some nonsensical debate (see: http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6073.0), which I ended up winning (which explains Monsta's comment about my ability to win elections). We joked that I became the Lord Ruler, and so when Monsta leveled up one time and broke out of jail (these titles are quite hilariously ridiculous), as the Lord Ruler, it was my duty to capture him. Or something.

Ahem, now that we are all caught up on our inside jokes...

It appears Raethe and I are now listed as Moderators. However, it also appears like I cannot even pin a topic. Maybe I'm just not seeing any moderation options at all, but really, I've moderated forums before, so I thought I knew where to look for the moderation abilities. Apparently they are hiding, or I don't have them. Hmmm...

You are indeed a great statesman. :)
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »
Ah, so I only knew half of the story....That does indeed explain Avalon's comment on the elections (which was something else I was somewhat curious about...). The idea of it is pretty funny....it pretty much is a story of it's own....One of you SHOULD take Raethe's advice and write a story about it and then submit it. That'd be cool. Create characters in place of Monsta and Chaos and any other noteworthy roles....(like the people hiding Monsta, Chaos' opponents in the election, etc).

I wish there was a shaking head icon. Because I would totally use it right now in reference to Chaos....I voted for you. And you can't even moderate properly.....I see how it goes (*here's where the shaking head icon would go--it's for the disappointment which is just exuding from my very being...or something*).
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
Worry not, I PMed Fell about the moderation difficulties.

Yeah, it was a pretty fun fake election for Hero of Ages. Seriously, you should check out the topic called "The Heroic Debates" a few pages in the Brandon Sanderson forum. That was hilarious stuff.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.