Author Topic: Nostalgia Alert!!!  (Read 19426 times)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Nostalgia Alert!!!
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
Ok, so this thread is dedicated to nostalgic TV shows you remember fondly from your childhood. I'll start off.

Space: Above and Beyond. Was SO glad when I found that they had released it on DVD. Stupid FOX curse of cancelling good tv shows after one season.  >:(

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Alert!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »
Fox ruined many of my childhood TV shows. Or well, I am still a big kid, but years ago when I wasn't so...you get the idea.

Freakazoid (My love. My joy. My hilarity.)
The Tick
Thundercats
Voltron
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
I should have probably added Brimstone to my list of nostalgic shows canceled by Fox too soon.  :D

And thanks, now I'm gonna have the Freakazoid theme stuck in my head all day!

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
Ok, so this thread is dedicated to nostalgic TV shows you remember fondly from your childhood. I'll start off.

Space: Above and Beyond. Was SO glad when I found that they had released it on DVD. Stupid FOX curse of cancelling good tv shows after one season.  >:(

Lol! Awesome! I totally forgot about that show. I loved it as a kid. Didn't the SciFi Channel ressurect it awhile back?

A show that I remember fondly is the X-files back when Mulder was still on the show. At least Fox kept that one going for a long while. Maybe a little too long....
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
I think Sci-Fi picked it, but it didn't run any longer than it did on Fox. There was only one season and most people believe that the studio execs at FOX wanted to tank the show before it was even given a chance.

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »
Dinosaurs. It was a like a prehistoric Family Matters. So cool.
I liked the Mario cartoon that was on for a little while, but don't have much memory of it. . .
Mighty Max! That show was cool!

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
hmm....Pinky and the Brain was among my favorites. (though I may have been a bit old at that time to call it my childhood) :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »
I second, third, fourth or whatever number I am, the Freakazoid nod. I loved that show. And I wasn't a kid when I watched it, you didn't need to be a kid. And now I'm gonna have that theme song stuck in my head all day too. I had to chime in on it, since my head was singing about it.

I also liked the New Adventures of Jonny Quest, but I think that was only on Cartoon Network. I had a fondness for The Tick, and X-Files, and I am not sure they were on too long.  Sometimes long runs are good for shows. I miss all of the old school Saturday morning cartoons, and X-Men especially. Yeah, yeah, I know....shush. ;) But, I miss Animaniacs equally as much as I miss Pinky and the Brain, which was their own special spin off cartoon. I used to love to watch those with my dad and I quit enjoying them as much when he died. Now, I wish they would be shown in re-runs more often, though I do catch them when I find them.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »
I loved Gummy Bears.  Does anyone else remember that show?  I also loved... oh so many of them.  The Ghost and Mrs. Meir (and if anyone knows of any way to watch that, I would offically declair my love for them.), Alice through the Looking Glass (Old disney.  Live action.)  Mr. Boogitie and Bride of Boogity.

I know there's more of them, but for some reason I can't think of them right now.  But I really wish they'd bring back the old shows.  They were so much better then most of the stuff on tv today.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
I loved Gummy Bears.  Does anyone else remember that show?  I also loved... oh so many of them.  The Ghost and Mrs. Meir (and if anyone knows of any way to watch that, I would offically declair my love for them.), Alice through the Looking Glass (Old disney.  Live action.)  Mr. Boogitie and Bride of Boogity.

I know there's more of them, but for some reason I can't think of them right now.  But I really wish they'd bring back the old shows.  They were so much better then most of the stuff on tv today.

Gummy Bears, bouncin' here and there and everywhere! That and smurfs were my young childhood counseling.

Also, I feel like one of five people who remember the old live action Alice movie.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 11:55:45 PM »
I loved Gummy Bears, but I never got to watch a full episode because it started before I got home from school. I also really liked Bruno the Kid (there was a villain named Cuscus, which still makes me laugh).
If I had any clue, would I be here?

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 03:07:13 AM »
Animated Bruce Willis. Pure genius.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 04:34:11 AM »
To those who brought up the old Alice Through the Looking Glass, I want to thank you for reminding me of one of the Nightmare Fuel scenes from my childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dxhbHAGRE

Not really scary now that I'm grown, but at the time, whew....

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 08:36:41 AM »
Yeah, that was so scary when I was young.

Growing up, I loved X-Men, TMNT, Animaniacs, He-Man, Dino-Riders... I was a regular young boy.  I also did enjoy Gummy Bears.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
DINO-RIDERS!!!!!!!!!

I use to have those toys. Wow, I had forgotten about them. Good call.  :)