Author Topic: Castle and Firefly  (Read 2883 times)

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Castle and Firefly
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »
Did anyone see the 1st few minutes of ABC's Castle tonight?  I laughed for a good 5 minutes on Nathan Fillion's tongue in cheek reference to Firefly.  The episode is called Vampire Weekend and will be available to watch on hulu.com or abc.com later.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
Re: Castle and Firefly
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
there were several references to Fillions old shows throught this episode. Castle is fantastic, even though the killer is almost always telegraphed. It is like Columbo, in a way.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:09:08 PM »
Castle, to me, isnt anything special.  My wife summed it up nicely when she said, "So wait, this is the same stereotypical cop show that has had its versions on TV for years...only with dumber cops and a writer?  No wonder it hardly keeps my attention."

Yeah.  Nathan Fillion is funny and all, but the rest of the show is horrible and predictable.  How long is it gonna be before the mandatory "our main PoVs are suspected of MURDER!!!!"?  I cant believe they purchased a full season of this show.  Get Fillion off this show an into something...intelligent.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
I agree with those assessments of the show.  I only watched it because everything else on was a rerun.  Anyway, here is the http://abc.go.com/watch/castle/186439/239353/vampire-weekend episode.  You only need to watch the 1st minute.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »
Actually, I just finished watching this show.  I love Nathan Fillon, and I enjoy his twitter entries as well.  What's scary is that he actually has a @WriteRCastle twitter where he actually posts as Castle.  And another thing.. his book actually exists! 
http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Wave-Richard-Castle/dp/1401323820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256723294&sr=8-1

It was #4 on the bestseller list above Dan Brown (which happens to be where The Gathering Storm is right now, woot!) but the fact that there is an actual book written by a tv persona... crazy.
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:31:32 PM »
Plus, they have tried putting Fillion on high minded intelligent shows. Firely and Drive come to mind immediately. Both canned without airing a full season. Leave him on TV, and on Castle. it may not be a "special" show, but it is charming, although I doubt it will make it past season 3 without Castle and Beckett getting frisky, which will immediately sink the show.

clarissavandell

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »
I love Castle.  It's one of two shows I watch regularly; Nathan's just funny, and I love the mystery type shows.

Vampire Weekend was one of my favorites, I have to say.  The Firefly reference at the beginning was clever.