Author Topic: Buy Dan Bacon?  (Read 62119 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Buy Dan Bacon?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
It's people who DON'T have a strong relationship with bacon that you should be worried about.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

maxonennis

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 04:24:53 AM »
It's people who DON'T have a strong relationship with bacon that you should be worried about.

I must admit that my relationship with bacon as taken a turn for the worse. Not long ago I eat some bacon that was under cooked and was sick. After that I find it hard to trust bacon again, no matter how many times it apologizes for its wrong doings. I know that I should learn to forgive bacon, but I can’t. I’m a horrible person with trust issues.  :'(
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
I am sure I will get called an anathema for this one, but I don't really like bacon all that much. It can definitely accent flavors well, but overall I generally prefer something else.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »
Bacon is yummie. I would eat it all the time if it was cheep and non-fattening . :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »
Just a heads up, Dan, bacon floss is coming to your house very soon. Amazon tells me it should arrive on the 20th (today) or up until the 25th. You'll get it just in time for Thanksgiving! It should be freakishly perfect, I think.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »
It's been a while since I've laughed that hard...Wow. It helped that pretty much every comment just heightened the humor...

And Fell, that comment about the air freshener? Classic. Ending on the "completely awesome" almost made me fall off my chair--which wouldn't have been good since I'm in the university library. Methinks I would've got some odd looks....Oh well. Woulda been worth it. It was HI-larious.

Man, now I'm craving bacon....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
The Bacon Floss has arrived, and man, is it bacony. We could smell it through the package (which, incidentally, has the slogan: "Mmmm! Leaves mouth bacon fresh!"). Fell point for you, Chaos.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »
Wow, smelling it THROUGH the package? That's just awesome. Awesome in bacon-ness.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:51 AM »
That's just awesome. Awesome in bacon-ness.

There are few other kinds of awesome.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 10:56:36 PM »
The Bacon Floss has arrived, and man, is it bacony. We could smell it through the package (which, incidentally, has the slogan: "Mmmm! Leaves mouth bacon fresh!"). Fell point for you, Chaos.

Do those words even belong in the same sentence?
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »
So, I just went over to the turkey my mom was basting... There were two slices of bacon on top of it.

"Bacon?" I said.
"Yeah, I've seen recipes do that," she said. "The bacon fat is supposed to make it better by..."

I didn't quite hear what came next, because I was too busy laughing, thinking what a great thing to post here.

Fell, if your turkey doesn't have bacon on it, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 02:25:51 AM »
Sometimes our enjoyment of a thing is made better by its absence.

Wow, I feel impressed. I came up with that all by myself.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 05:14:05 AM »
I didn't quite hear what came next, because I was too busy laughing, thinking what a great thing to post here.

I know this feeling. Quite well, actually....Yesterday (I posted this somewhere else on here, but I'll repeat myself) I opened the microwave to heat some food up, and there was bacon in there. I'm like 'huh?' And then I started laughing, because I remembered this Bacon thread....and The Wedding thread with all the bacon....And then this morning, I woke up and my grandpa (we drove to my grandparents for thanksgiving) was cooking bacon! Which made me laugh again. I haven't had bacon for a LONG time, and then I get it two days in a row....it was awesome.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 03:35:32 AM »

I am never going to be able to take bacon seriously again.

The next time I have the opportunity, I'm sure I'll be too busy sniggering 'cause it's bacon to actually eat it...

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
By the way: the bacon floss was actually pretty flavorless, despite the smell, but it was so fibrous and flimsy that I actually had to use normal floss afterward to get the shreds of bacon floss out of my teeth. But honestly, there's pretty much no sympathy for the statement "I used bacon floss and had an unpleasant experience," so I suppose I got what I deserved. Still, though, it's awesome just to have, and functions as a delicious air freshener.