Author Topic: Worst Movie?  (Read 10574 times)

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Movie?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
I never saw the new Avengers film so I cannot testify to whatever it may or may not have done. But I will believe that it was horrible since I have yet to be okay with any of those kinds of remakes.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
I think the only movie that I paid money for and didn't like was Pan's Labyrinth.  I didn't mind the idea of the plot, I hated the amount of gore that people seemed to think was nessary.  I really think that movie would have been tons better if it hadn't had as much of that stupid gore.

Of course, it wasn't until after I left that I discovered that it was rated R.  The movie I had planned on going to had left theaters, and everyone told me to watch it because I'd love it.  I did learn my lesson.

In my opinion Pan's Labyrinth was easily one of the best films of 2006! Yes there was a lot of gore but it was there to show just how horrible a place Ofelia was living in. Maybe they could have portrayed it in a different way but it definately served a purpose.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:59:05 PM by Comfortable Madness »
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
I'm going to say The Happening. It'd probably not the worse movie I've seen, but I did just see it, and it sucked so bad I can't get it out of my mind. Half way through the movie I wondered is Shyamalan was crazy. How could someone sane come up with a plot like that? Or maybe, how could anyone sane dish out the money to make that load of crap.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »
I think the only movie that I paid money for and didn't like was Pan's Labyrinth.  I didn't mind the idea of the plot, I hated the amount of gore that people seemed to think was nessary.  I really think that movie would have been tons better if it hadn't had as much of that stupid gore.

Of course, it wasn't until after I left that I discovered that it was rated R.  The movie I had planned on going to had left theaters, and everyone told me to watch it because I'd love it.  I did learn my lesson.

In my opinion Pan's Labyrinth was easily one of the best films of 2006! Yes there was a lot of gore but it was there to show just how horrible a place Ofelia was living in. Maybe they could have portrayed it in a different way but it definately served a purpose.

Whatever people say about Guillermo del Toro, I think most people can agree that the man is one of the best Visual directors out there.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »
The worst movie ever is Plan 9 from Outer Space.  Period.  The movie Ed Wood does not do just to just how bad this movie is.

The worst movie made in my lifetime is probably Leonard part 6.  This movie had deadly Maine Lobsters attack Bill Cosby.  Anyone want to guess what he used to stop them?  Give Up?  Melted Butter!  That's right.  Just in case you were wondering, there is no Leonard 1-5.  According to the movie, they were classified top secret and are unable to be shown to the public.  They should have done the same with part 6. 
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFY7w7gRF-w&feature=related

COME ON! You can't honestly say this is better than Plan 9.  :D

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
Oh man I love Lenard Part 6.

In my mind a horrible movie is something that's so bad that you can't even watch it to make fun of it, which is why I think so many bad movies are horrible.

The most recent Bad movie I've seen, hard for me to say that anything is the "Worst", is Peter Jacksons King Kong.  Before that is was Pearl Harbor.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »
Really?? I skipped King Kong in theatres because I thought it looked stupid.

But then I got curious and rented it one day last year. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very well done.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 07:22:09 AM »
Yep.  In fact when I saw it people were walking out of the theater.  I know i'm in the minorty here at TWG, but Kong could have been a great movie but hit the pitfall of no one being able to say no to Peter Jackson.

The biggest problem is the movie's too long, no one kept the director's ego in check and told him that they should have gotten to the island faster and they where there too long.  The only part that didn't bore me was right when they got to the island and the whole end part with Kong in the city.

Pearl Harbor was the same, could have been a decent movie if they would have cut out the 30+ minutes up to the actual action--the love story was insipid and was drawn out for no reason.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
Sprig, what was the exact name of the movie you were talking about at the rifftrax party?  The one with the super yo-yo chick?  I've been trying to remember so I can watch it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 07:31:44 AM »
I can't mention it's name since it is no way the worst movie every made, it is in fact the most awesome movie ever and it would be an insult to even type it's name in this thread.

However I'll give you a hint, the title is three words long and two of them are Girl and Cop, I'll leave it to you to guess the first word (hint: it's what she fights with)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 07:32:51 AM »
Thank you very much.  :D
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
I saw The Avengers when I was about 10, and I liked it then. However, thinking back to it, I think I would find it quite lame at this point.

I'd say that one I was most disappointed in would have to be Reign of Fire. I had much higher expectations for that one. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was a big disappointment as well. I'm surprised I stayed awake through Nacho Libre.

I'm not going to say that Star Wars Episodes 1 through 3 were bad, but, man, Hayden Christiansen was terrible.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has brought up Troll 2. Come on, bologna sandwiches?

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »
I really enjoyed Final Fantasy:Spirits Within.  But then, the only FF game I had played much was the original.  I hear that it's the fans of the games that liked the film least.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »
I saw The Avengers when I was about 10, and I liked it then. However, thinking back to it, I think I would find it quite lame at this point.

I'd say that one I was most disappointed in would have to be Reign of Fire. I had much higher expectations for that one. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was a big disappointment as well. I'm surprised I stayed awake through Nacho Libre.

I'm not going to say that Star Wars Episodes 1 through 3 were bad, but, man, Hayden Christiansen was terrible.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has brought up Troll 2. Come on, bologna sandwiches?

Troll 2 goodness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

FF: The Spirits Within wasn't terrible, but it wasn't excellent either. Advent Children was MUCH better, IMHO.