Author Topic: Whay you do and why you hate it!  (Read 9463 times)

kevinpii

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whay you do and why you hate it!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »
I'm a tech at a Chevy dealer. I suppose I'm one of those rare people that really likes their job. i really couldn't imagine myself doing anything else. The thing i really hate the most though is people, I'm not a people person. I just feel like saying I don't want to talk to you ,I don't want to look at you, just get out of my area and let me work on your car. But of course i cant i just put on a smile and tell them ya its OK for you to be here watching me, why wouldn't it be?

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »
I really don't have any problems with my current job. I work security for a few different places, but one of them is an abandoned roofing manufacturing plant, so I don't have to deal with people, which I like.

I guess the worst thing about it is the boredom.  :D

But if I can rant on my previous jobs....whoo boy.

First job I had was a customer service/order taker for Potpurri, Inc. It's  company that had 6 different magazines (Potpurri and Expressions were random house items; Stitching and Counted-Cross Stitch, stitching obviously; In the Company of Dogs, dog stuff, ugh; and Back in the Saddle, horse stuff, double ugh).

My biggest hate was Back in the Saddle. For one, I hated taking orders from people on cell phones. One time I took an order from a 13 year old spoiled rich girl using her mommy's cell phone and credit card while her mom was driving through a tunnel. UGH!!!

Oh and some guy once threatened to blow up our warehouse because he thought the item he hadn't received came from there. It didn't, it came from some company in India and the worker's were on strike. I explained this to him many times, but he was too stubborn to listen.  :D

I got called a Schlock once by some Yiddish guy. I thought it was funny until I found out the meaning.  ;D

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Navy.  >:(

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »
Come on cranberry. Security is horrible. What company do you work for? Is the office maybe out of westboro? I can baerly stand security sometimes, I love the national guard 10 times more than security.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
I'm a university student. It is quite amazing, really. The only complaint I have is: why do exams always seem to fall on the same day? I have both a Japanese and a Calculus 2 exam on Tuesday. There is no logical reason for this to be! They are completely different departments and subjects, and yet they show their ugly faces on the same day. Also, I have an essay due the day before.

This is the second time this string of coincidences has occurred.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
I'm a university student. It is quite amazing, really. The only complaint I have is: why do exams always seem to fall on the same day? I have both a Japanese and a Calculus 2 exam on Tuesday. There is no logical reason for this to be! They are completely different departments and subjects, and yet they show their ugly faces on the same day. Also, I have an essay due the day before.

I have a theory that professors collaborate to pile stress on the students. Then they make bets to see which student will crack first....I didn't do so hot last semester. Having three breakdowns (emotional, physical AND mental) all during finals week is NOT fun!

And that's what I hate about school....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
Actually, finals week is going to be relatively serene in comparison.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
Finals week always hold a sorrowful place in my life. My birthday is in the ides of May, so I always held a gamble as to what I was actually doing on the date itself. The year I turn 21, the most magical number for any college student, I was locked in the library studying like crazy. Two finals the day before, three the day of, and one the day after. I think that Universities just have a thing for Sadomasochism.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 04:29:15 AM »
Come on cranberry. Security is horrible. What company do you work for? Is the office maybe out of westboro? I can baerly stand security sometimes, I love the national guard 10 times more than security.

I work for a company called U.S. Security Associates. They are actually based out of Atlanta, but do security all around the country,

http://www.ussecurityassociates.com/about.htm

And honestly, I only work the weekends, so there is nobody to deal with. Zip. Nil. Nada. I'm by myself for 8 hours, which is beautiful to catch up on reading.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »

It's a timing issue:  Midterms are generally all the same week; there are only so many places a test can hide in there.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

It's a timing issue:  Midterms are generally all the same week; there are only so many places a test can hide in there.

The thing is, it's not even midterms. We are weeks past midterms, and I didn't really have any midterm exams anyways.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
I've already taken a few exams. No biggie. I;ve never had a problem with tests, research papers, and the like. They all come easy to me.

The hardest thing about being a college student is surviving. I'm always hungry, always penniless, and always sleep deprived.

And i love it!

I'm not sure why, i just love being on the very edge of disaster. There is something about being on your own that makes me feel good at the end of the day. Despite everything.

Honestly, i'm having the greatest tough time of mylife.

Plus, the best thing about college is the variety. Not women, courses; Eastern theatre, medival studies, literary interpetation, anthropology, archealogy, chemistry...

Seriously, my brain has a sweetooth for learning and college is a candy shop.

Its awesome!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »
If you're always hungry, that should be more incentive to, you know, eat your hat.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 07:22:46 AM »
Or some Ramen. I lived off of Ramen for a good two solid months once. Can't beat it.

Or as Mok suggested, the hat.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »
I cannot stand Ramen. Abhor it. Grew up with real pasta and just cannot do it.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »
I cannot stand Ramen. Abhor it. Grew up with real pasta and just cannot do it.

:o

I grew up with real pasta too, but I still love me my Ramen. Whether it be cup ramen or the packaged, it's all yummy and good to me.  :)