Author Topic: Election Day!  (Read 6751 times)

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
I think Obama will do a good job as president.
I didn't vote for him, but I actually feel good about him winning. (I almost voted for him, it was a very close decision on my part)

I'm not sure his economic plans are the best. They feel too much like a knee-jerk reaction, (especially the plan to raise minimum wage, in a time when business can't afford the wages they are paying already) but time will tell.

I woke up yesterday and felt pleased with America's choice. (Even though I am by no means liberal)
It was a historic election.

This country is interesting....we can't seem to do things in moderation. We send in a conservative and keep him until he messes up the country one way, then we send in a liberal until he messes up the country another way, then we start over again. I'm not really talking about this election here, but it is a pattern that has occured throughout. I have hope that Obama won't continue the cycle, but then again....it is a cycle for a reason... :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 07:10:03 AM »
I think Obama will do a good job as president.

I want to agree with you.  But... this all gives me a bad feeling I just can't shake.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »
I tend to agree, Green.  Everyone is so high on him, I think their expectations will be unreasonable.  One of our biggest flaws in america is our impatience.  If they don't see things he promised happen relatively quickly, or if he is forced to change his plan (which almost always happens to some extent), they will turn on him hard.  I remember the Clinton presidency very well, and as much as he was loved at the beginning and ending of his term, 1993 thru 1996 was a very unpopular time for him.  So much so that the Republicans regained control of the house and senate for the first time in 40 years.  Obama could be a very good president and still end up a one-termer.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
Exactly. I'm keeping an optimistic outlook.

I don't think he'll be the best president we've ever had, but from where things stand now I don't think he'll be the worst. Things could change, but I think he'll probably do ok. :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
I do as well.  I just hope he doesn't feel obligated to reward all his friends with cabinet seats.  He needs a politically diverse cabinet, and he needs to send a message to Reid and Pelosi early on that he is not their bitch.  I would love to see him pick McCain as his Secretary of Defense.  I don't know if he would accept, but it would go a long way to show people Obama isn't the super liberal he has been portrayed.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »
He's already off to a good start.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/243435.php

Take that Darth Cheney!

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
What exactly does this article say?  Please don't quote unproven and incorrect facts from absurd blogging sites, especially when they don't make any sense.  I am trying to be supportive of the new president.  If you want to know, Cheney was absolutely correct in his interpretation of his job.  If you don't believe me, please look up Article 1 chapter 3 of the US constitution, where it explicitly states that the VP is president of the Senate.  There are plenty of things to criticize the previous Administration for, there's no need to continue to make stuff up.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »
Huh?

That article I linked was referring to Obama's OWN transition website, change.gov. At that site, he has the President under the Constitution, and yes, after 8 years of Bush wiping his ass with it, I'm glad to see that.

I know what Article 1, chapter 3 says. That wasn't the point I was making. Cheney has repeatedly tried to assert that the position of the VP is untouchable by certain laws and restrictions and has in the past tried to abuse his position.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:48:03 PM by CranberryCthulhu (with a side of KefkaKiwi) »