Author Topic: OMWOW!  (Read 10445 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OMWOW!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
I love muffins.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
Don't be too upset about it.  I bet I could find at least two anti-religion articles that are just as absurd.  The ironic thing about atheists is that they all share a belief, which is that there is no divine power.  They have in effect become a religious organization.  Remember that 49% of the population is below average, so nobody should be terribly surprised when they see stupidity get noticed.  Prepare yourself, Miyabi, this will not be the most ridiculous thing you see in your life, I guarantee it.  I don't know if you've heard the old saying that an intelligent person only believes half what he/she hears or sees?  These articles prove that statement.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:20:17 PM by Darkbones »
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 01:01:13 AM »
The funny thing is...I'm a weak atheist (not excluding possibility of a god but I do not believe in one - I won't be calling anyone wrong for choosing to have faith in a deity though).  My husband is agnostic.  We do not announce these choices in public.

A good lot of people simply assume that we are whatever sect they are.  I've somehow passed for Baptist and Catholic several times - not sure how that happened.  I've also been taken for a couple varieties of Jewish.

I find it extremely ignorant and telling when people voice opinions that atheism or agnosticism are, in any way, to blame for anything.  What is truly to blame is the ignorance and intolerance from which those who are writing this drivel spring.  I find this amusing because such intolerance is detailed and denounced as a crime, sin or fatal failing in just about any theology.
I personally think (that with regards to the whole trumped up religion vs science silliness) that people who believe that religion and evolution actually clash are the most hilariously stupid people I've ever been cursed with the knowledge of.  Depending on the translation, even the Bible doesn't necessarily claim that creation was from nothing nor that it took only a week...nor does it claim to be a complete and definitive chronicle of it.  It was ultimately written by humans and humans are, by any definition, imperfect beings.

There is room enough in this world for any and all tolerant people and tolerant belief systems.  Those which are intolerant ultimately have no redeeming value and are the true cause of all of our ills.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »
The funny thing is...I'm a weak atheist (not excluding possibility of a god but I do not believe in one - I won't be calling anyone wrong for choosing to have faith in a deity though).  My husband is agnostic.  We do not announce these choices in public.

A good lot of people simply assume that we are whatever sect they are.  I've somehow passed for Baptist and Catholic several times - not sure how that happened.  I've also been taken for a couple varieties of Jewish.

I find it extremely ignorant and telling when people voice opinions that atheism or agnosticism are, in any way, to blame for anything.  What is truly to blame is the ignorance and intolerance from which those who are writing this drivel spring.  I find this amusing because such intolerance is detailed and denounced as a crime, sin or fatal failing in just about any theology.
I personally think (that with regards to the whole trumped up religion vs science silliness) that people who believe that religion and evolution actually clash are the most hilariously stupid people I've ever been cursed with the knowledge of.  Depending on the translation, even the Bible doesn't necessarily claim that creation was from nothing nor that it took only a week...nor does it claim to be a complete and definitive chronicle of it.  It was ultimately written by humans and humans are, by any definition, imperfect beings.

There is room enough in this world for any and all tolerant people and tolerant belief systems.  Those which are intolerant ultimately have no redeeming value and are the true cause of all of our ills.

I agree vehemently with those sentiments.

A lot of that intolerance--dare I say?--comes from religious exclusivism and failure to see other belief systems. Religious exclusivism has always caused conflict since... well, religion, I think.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
Muffins are definitely tasty.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
Don't be too upset about it.  I bet I could find at least two anti-religion articles that are just as absurd.  The ironic thing about atheists is that they all share a belief, which is that there is no divine power.  They have in effect become a religious organization.  Remember that 49% of the population is below average, so nobody should be terribly surprised when they see stupidity get noticed.  Prepare yourself, Miyabi, this will not be the most ridiculous thing you see in your life, I guarantee it.  I don't know if you've heard the old saying that an intelligent person only believes half what he/she hears or sees?  These articles prove that statement.
Oh it for sure isn't the stupidest thing that I have ever seen, it's just that on that day I was left completely daunted that someone  could say something that ignorant and stupid. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
A lot of that intolerance--dare I say?--comes from religious exclusivism and failure to see other belief systems. Religious exclusivism has always caused conflict since... well, religion, I think.

Religious exclusivism also applies to Atheism: Let's not forget the Khmer Rouge, Communist Party of China, or North Korea, eh?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 08:47:02 PM »

Religious exclusivism also applies to Atheism: Let's not forget the Khmer Rouge, Communist Party of China, or North Korea, eh?

Oh, of course. We already established atheism as a religious belief of sorts, so there's no reason why they wouldn't be included.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »
I personally LOVE muffins. Lemon ones, with cranberries in them.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
I personally LOVE muffins. Lemon ones, with cranberries in them.

I have never had to the chance to enjoy or even see such a muffin. You will have let in on your secret as to where they are.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
The 7-11 I used to work at out here in California had them, then about two months ago they stopped carrying them. I was saddened and grief-stricken at the loss of such a beautiful species of muffin from my life...
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
All I can say is WOW!! The first one was a little scary but the second one was just WOW.  ??? The last sentence in the second one is kinda comical.

Bastille
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »
It appears this thread has been successfully hijacked by muffin connoiseurs.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »
I win =).

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »
Avalon, I bet you could make some by buying a lemon-poppy-seed-muffin mix and sifting out the poppy seeds, then adding cranberries.
He ate my horse.