Poll

What was the most awesomistic fight scene?

Kel VS Inquistor (Master of Push and Pull)
18 (37.5%)
Atium-burning Elend (The Last Stand)
4 (8.3%)
Mist-wielding Vin (Divine Power)
14 (29.2%)
Vin vs TLR (For Hope)
1 (2.1%)
Vin-to-the-rescue Vs Koloss (Horseshoe hero)
3 (6.3%)
Other (thats all i could think of)
8 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Best Mistborn Fight Scene *SPOILERS*  (Read 12070 times)

achren99

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mistborn Fight Scene *SPOILERS*
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
Vin vs Shan all the way.  That scene is one of my favorite scenes in any book--it was so real/dynamic and overall awesome. :) 

Elend's atium last stand is 2nd, just for the pure coolness of the idea/situation.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »
Put in another vote for Kel vs the inquisitor.  That scene was beautifully brutal.  The way it would hop between Kel and Vin as well was PERFECT.  And like someone else has already said, watching Kel die from Vin's perspective was brilliant. 
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
I'm gonna have to put in a vote for the Horseshoe Hero. Other fights might have been grander or more epic in scale, but really, is that all you judge it by? Blowing up Kredik Shaw is cool but we see explosions in movies all the time. I mean, what is cooler than falling to the ground in a cloud of spinning horseshoes, slamming to the ground and throwing up a fine cloud of ash around you where the horseshoes land? And then leaping onto the back of a koloss, slaying the one next to it, and then killing a 12-footer with a single precise kick?
And then for you who think being first is "cool" we see the Inquisitors pull out their Feruchemical powers for the first time against Vin and Elend. We also see Elend use his Allomantic powers for the first time.

I would have gone for Kelsier's fight vs the Inquisitor and the Lord Ruler, but it just didn't click with me. I still think he         could've done more than just stand there as the Lord Ruler kills him...even if it was part of the plan.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »
Am I the only one who wanted to see more feruchemy? But anyway I vote for the master of push and pull!

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »
Am I the only one who wanted to see more feruchemy? But anyway I vote for the master of push and pull!

Yes! More feruchemy! That would be awesome to see someone who is skilled at using feruchemy for fighting (unlike Sazed who is definitely a reluctant warrior). Maybe the next trilogy?
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Llewin

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
I'm new to the forum and started reading Brandon's work when he was announced for a memory of light...

I had to vote for the vin/mist vs. the inquistors/ruin fight for multiple reasons...
I think it was by far the most cinematic and when you compare a fight scene, or at least when *i* compare a fight scene it has to be compared with the imagery in the best of the star wars fight scenes, the best of the matrix fight scenes, 300, etc etc etc...

In fact, that scene actually left me thinking 'this is VERY matrixy...in a good 'not ripping it off' way... in the back of my mind, all the way to the end...

Also, this scene shouldnt get discounted just because Vin ended up having GOD-power... She didnt start the fight with God-power and still did EXCEPTIONALLY well against the God-directed (Ruin) 13 Inquistors...

echigo109

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 12:12:29 AM »
          in my opinion the best fight seen was kel verse the inquitor because it was 1) an awsome fight 2) showed kel ( my favorite character) doing the impossible by killing an inquitor before marsh told vin and shazed  how to kill them.
         when i first spoted the poll i thought "vin to the rescue, divine power" but then that felt like cheating when she killed the 13 inquitors using preservations power she had the power to flatten stone ( minute amount of metal in it)
 with a single push.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 02:19:16 AM »
I picked Mist powered Vin, cuz it was just so awesome, however, Kelsier vs. the inquisitor was a very close second.
You forgot Vin and Zane's fights, her fight against Cett's assassins, the assembly fight, her attack on Cett's keep, and Kell versus the hazekillers, not that any of these would get many votse but still.
You also could include, Sazed vs Koloss, and Sazed vs Marsh.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »
I picked Mist powered Vin, cuz it was just so awesome, however, Kelsier vs. the inquisitor was a very close second.
You forgot Vin and Zane's fights, her fight against Cett's assassins, the assembly fight, her attack on Cett's keep, and Kell versus the hazekillers, not that any of these would get many votse but still.
You also could include, Sazed vs Koloss, and Sazed vs Marsh.

My friend called me right after getting done with the attack on Cet''s keep.  It was indeed crazy.  I just like how the attack came about, and the bit at the end with Cett was...brutal and a bit touching.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 02:37:50 AM »
While I really loved the all-powerful, flattening of Kredik Shaw fight with Vin, my favorite was when she fought Shan. Maybe not for the content but what it meant. She did that all on her own, not with any help from the mist. Also, I wanted to jack Shan in the face for the whole book and I love it when mean girl's get what's coming to them. =]
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »
While I really loved the all-powerful, flattening of Kredik Shaw fight with Vin, my favorite was when she fought Shan. Maybe not for the content but what it meant. She did that all on her own, not with any help from the mist. Also, I wanted to jack Shan in the face for the whole book and I love it when mean girl's get what's coming to them. =]

;D

Your new to this forum, aren't you?
Yeah, i also enjoyed seeing Shan getting what was coming to her, but i knew she was mistborn all along--and i knew Vin was gonna have to kill her. It was pretty obvious--to me.

Nonetheless, catfights are always good. Always.
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »
Natalie Perkins = notxaxlie
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Roberts

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 04:50:26 AM »
It's not the most epic, but my favorite scene is when Vin first goes to Kredik Shaw, is chased by an Inquisitor and rescued by Sazed...that scene is really scary.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
Oh Elmandr I am so glad that you knew everything before it happened. I mean your right it was so obvious. I mean for someone like you to know everything before it happens you should make bets about eating your hat or something. I mean that would be good if you got someone to do that.

Also I agree that the Vin v Shan fight was pretty good, I did also like all the sparring between Vin and Zane.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

jwdenzel

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • JasonDenzel.com
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »
Vin vs. Shan.

Simply because that fight meant something more to Vin. It wasn't about saving the world. It wasn't about the big over-arching plot.  It was simply a desperate fight where she was trying to save the man she was realizing she loved. Great motivation.  Great intensity.  Good times.
These are not my stories. I just write them.