Author Topic: Elantris on Audible!!!!  (Read 1068 times)

Singin Hobo

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Elantris on Audible!!!!
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:20:36 AM »
And Elantris is on Audible.com... :) the Mistborn series would certainly serve me better right now, as I've already finished Elantris.  Still though, it's great news for fans of audiobooks.  Based on the sample reading it may still leave something to be desired, but it's certainly better than nothing.

Strangely I can hardly find any word of the existence an audio version beyond Audible.com.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Elantris on Audible!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:48 AM »
Wow, well it's great to see such a fast turn around.  The reason you really can't find it outside of that website is because it's just barely coming out.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 05:09:44 AM »
Dang, that's cool. I never really listened to audio books, but a few weeks ago I bought World War Z and loved it so I've been searching around for new ones.

Would love to listen to the Elantris one, although I don't like signing up for yet another website to pay a monthly fee to.

Singin Hobo

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
You could just purchase it to buy, no membership plan or monthly fees needed if you'd like and opt out of getting any mail (they're a legit business, so they'll respect that).  But if you were ever interested in listening to audiobooks that's the place to go... they're incredible cheap if you're on one of the membership plans.