Author Topic: Merchandise request/suggestion  (Read 2430 times)

rleikis

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Merchandise request/suggestion
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:29:11 AM »
I'm assuming there is at least one person on this forum that is in the loop enough to consider this idea so here ya go.

I'm one of those people who just doesn't use mouse pads on most of my computers and have always felt that most  mousepad marketing went waaay overboard for a lot of years.  However, I saw the Table of Allomantic Metals poster on the blog and it just screamed to be put onto a mousepad imo.  It's the right dimensions but calm enough of a design to go well on a desk.  I'm thinking the high quality hard/flexible type, not the thick foam kind.  Anyone think I'm nuts?

And if Brandon is perusing about, I'm loving Hero of Ages btw, just marvelous!  Well worth the drive from Logan to BYU thanks for taking the time to ink my book.

While I am at it, I suppose I might as well ask if anyone has any other merchandise you might like to see from Brandon's works.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Merchandise request/suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:27:51 PM »
wow that is actually a pretty cool idea. Of course, I have a trackball which doesn't use a mousepad, but hey I'm sure others would appreciate it  :)
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

rleikis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »
Woohoo, I found one other person that likes the idea!  Anyone else?

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
Heck, might as well team up with Flintstone vitamins. Get your daily Mistborn value of Iron, Zinc and Copper.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
hahaha, I dont know for todays adult on the go you might want to go by Centrum. But yeah I liked the idea for the pad. Wouldnt you have to run something like this by Brandon first anyway? I dunno just throwing that out there.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
Heck, might as well team up with Flintstone vitamins. Get your daily Mistborn value of Iron, Zinc and Copper.

The Mistborn diet is all the rage. Nothing sheds the pounds away better then flecks of metal shavings in your water. 

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:47:16 AM »
Yeah, a little Mistborn multivitamin washed down with some Goldschlager. Breakfast of Ages.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 12:52:12 AM »
Or you could be a Mistborn Prime allomancer and eat lead. Yum!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »
Wow well in that case I think I may have been an alomancer since child hood with all that lead based paint I ate.

rleikis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »
Wouldnt you have to run something like this by Brandon first anyway? I dunno just throwing that out there.
Yeah that was the point of the thread, I'm guessing someone that communicates wtih brandon directly visits this forum, and I thought that Brandon does.  this is hoping that the idea reaches his ears and he decides to get some made and sell them.  It might be a long shot, but it's worth it, otherwise I'll have to print out the poster and tape it onto my current mousepad or something lame like that, lol.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
Well, he does come to the forum, but right now with the book tour, it's extremely doubtful he will have the opportunity to do so.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
Yeah Sprigg posted on another thread that Brandon isnt all that into merchandising right now. He said that he wasnt against the idea but he wants the things he puts out to be good he doesnt want to do it for the money alone.

By the way this is my last post before our prison break. I just wanted to state that.

rleikis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »
Yeah Sprigg posted on another thread that Brandon isnt all that into merchandising right now. He said that he wasnt against the idea but he wants the things he puts out to be good he doesnt want to do it for the money alone.

By the way this is my last post before our prison break. I just wanted to state that.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.  If they get the idea at least and maybe something comes of it at some juncture, I'll be pleased.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
I think you misinterpreted what I had posted.

Brandon is interested in merch, he's got several things in production right now, but he hasn't shown much interest in doing shirts lately nor has he been making things just to get a quick buck.  He may find the mousepad idea something he wants to do, but I don't think he would--but if there's enough interest he may make it anyway.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
Went looking around and found a Mistborn t-shirt.

http://www.printfection.com/mistbornllamas/Mistborn-Llamas-T-Shirt/_p_213737

There was another one off of Cafe Press that I bought a few months ago. It was a plain white short-sleeved t-shirt with the word Mistborn centered on it. Below that was "There's Always Another Secret" and below that was the Allomantic Tin symbol. Apparently it's no longer available.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:14:26 AM by CthulhuKefka »