Author Topic: Told you so....*spoilers*  (Read 2626 times)

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Told you so....*spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »
One thing I got right was that the ability to pierce copper clouds was due to an allomancy/hemalurgy combination.  As soon as I found out that Vin's earring was made of bronze I was certain.    I'm not sure if I was the first to bring it up.  I was also so close on the mist sickness thing.  I thought they were people who didn't realize they were allomancers who could burn the mists.  It never occurred to me that they were actually Snapping.  Uggh!
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

happyman

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »
I would like to say that I was completely right about Sazed being the Hero of Ages, and that the hints that the Hero of Ages should be tall were both the original form of the prophecies and also completely true.  It was this that made me think of him as the HoA in the first book (during the post-WoA readthrough, of course).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 07:48:19 PM by happyman »
Nature hates being reified.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »
I kinda feel like I should've put it together. After all, if Sazed is the Hero and Sazed wrote the bumps, and Sanderson said that whoever wrote the bumps was nearly omniscient, then logically the Hero becomes nearly omniscient!! From there its a short leap to saying the Hero takes Preservation/Ruin's powers, the only godlike, nearly omniscient characters we know of.
Surprising, yet inevitable...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!