Disaster Movie
4 (14.8%)
Spice World
3 (11.1%)
Any Disney Sequel
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 03:59:33 AM

Author Topic: What was the worst film ever made?  (Read 22544 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: What was the worst film ever made?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »
mtlhddoc2, Bolt is out already (unless you don't live in the U.S., maybe?)—I saw it last Friday and it was wholly awesome.

Maybe I will see Chicken Little someday. The trailers all made it look dumb. It was mostly done before the Pixar reverse takeover, so Lasseter didn't have much of an impact on it. I heard he was able to save Meet the Robinsons though, which I also didn't see because the trailers made it look dumb.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 03:27:50 AM »
mtlhddoc2, Bolt is out already (unless you don't live in the U.S., maybe?)—I saw it last Friday and it was wholly awesome.

Maybe I will see Chicken Little someday. The trailers all made it look dumb. It was mostly done before the Pixar reverse takeover, so Lasseter didn't have much of an impact on it. I heard he was able to save Meet the Robinsons though, which I also didn't see because the trailers made it look dumb.

I didnt know Bolt was out. I am kind of behind the times a bit. I wait for them on DVD anyway, since there are no theaters which have closed captioning. (The are really missing out on a very large audience by not having at least one hearing impaired show each week. I would even settle for a matinee).

Chicken Little I was not looking forward to originally, but it is much better than the trailers make it look. Funny as heck.
Meedt the Robinsons I wasnt exactly sold on, but my kids love it and watch it a few times a year.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 04:34:18 AM »
Has anyone ever tried suing under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 04:50:44 AM »
Has anyone ever tried suing under the Americans with Disabilities Act?

I dont know. But I dont think they would win. AwDA only guarantees access, not enjoyment. I have written letters and such. But I guess they just dont see a big market for it. Close captioning on DVDs works pretty well. and an email campaign to get then to CC web videos has led to many of the networks using closed captioning on webcasts. Not all of them mind you, but many, especially newer episodes. I think, for movie markets, they dont think many deaf people would go. And they may be correct. the theater experience is not just about the big screen, but the surround sound and such.

See, I can hear, just very poorly. And when I go to a movie, I just cannot hear the dialogue. It is drowned out by the surround sound. All I hear is garbage. Even at home, when I turn the TV way up, I cannot always make out what is being said, especially if I cannot read the charachters lips. And especially in cartoons.

Lately, many FOX programs, the CC is screwed up and only appears on screen for a second, at best. I actually stopped watching Sarah Connor a couple weeks ago because of it. And on ABC, whenever they put any kind of banner on the screen (even the ABC logo) the closed captioning stops appearing because the TV does not recignize the show as the primary feed. Sometimes it will work in HD when straight channel does not work. But that doesnt help if i taped the show.

Sorry to drone on. I guess I needed to vent and didnt realize it :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 05:50:36 AM »
If you can't hear a movie, that doesn't count as being unable to access it? I think that there's a big legal campaign there just looking for the right champion.

There are so many things I take for granted in life. The ability to enjoy an enjoyable movie during the rare times I want to see one is one of them.

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »
Disney Animation went though a bad period. Once Disney got rid of Eisner as CEO, they were able to buy Pixar and merge Pixar with Disney animation studios. All the Pixar heads became the bosses at the newly reformed Disney Studios and revived 2D hand drawn animation. The previous heads had lacked vision, while the Pixar heads are full of vision, and talent. I for one am really looking forward to Bolt, coming out shortly.

That's right, I remember now.  Thanks for jogging my memory.  Eisner really put Disney in a bad way.  As I recall, once he was gone, Disney couldn't fall over themselves fast enough to patch up relations with Pixar.  A very wise move.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 04:08:08 PM »
Eiser nearly killed Disney Animation completely. However, he totally revived the theme parks and made them fresh and new again, his only theme park failure was EuroDisney in Paris. TokyoDisney is king in Asia and was a genius move. Disneyland Hong Kong, which opened last year, was his brainchild as well, and is also going strong. But the theme parks never do as well when the animation division does not do well. Roy Disney spearheaded the effort to oust Eisner and won, thankfully. Now we have alot of fresh new, GOOD movies coming out and some highly anticipated sequels as well, such as Toy Story 3 (2010) and Cars 2 (2012). I also wouldnt be surpised to see Ratatouille 2, since, even though Cars and Toy Story are merchandising machines, Ratatouille is one of the highest grossing (worldwide) animation films of all time, beating Cars by over $200,000,000, surpisingly. But it's merchandising was very flat. The puppet division is also finally re-marketing and remaking the Muppets. Eisner let that amazing property flounder because of his personal grudge against the Henson estate.

Oh boy, I ran on again, lol...

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
I love Hensen. Farscape to me is something that showed how strong his legacy really was.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 10:27:44 AM »
Jim Henson was a genius. I love everything that man created.

(Horribly impatient for Dark Crystal 2)  ;D

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 03:25:18 AM »
They have started releasing the original Muppet Show a season at a time.  I love introducing them to my children.  Who then go around singing songs and quoting things that no one else understands.  The Gilda Radner episode had me laughing for days. 
Pixar makes movies, not "children's movies."  It seems that for a lot of people as long as it was animated and had a few talking animals it was good enough for kids and they didn't even try to make it good.  But if I hate it, I'm not going to get it for my kids, or take them to see it.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
I think Pixar makes some incredible movies. Results may vary form person to person, but I've enjoyed almost every single one they've put out.  :)

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »
we got way off topic...  or more to the point, way-reverse-topic.

worst movie every: "Sci-Fighters" starring "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Boston, 2009. A police detective Cameron Grayson (Roddy Piper) searches for Adrian Dunn, his ex-partner (Billy Drago) who murdered his wife. Dunn has escaped from prison on the moon and returned to Earth with an alien virus.

so terrible I had to watch the whole thing in case it got worse.

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
Technically, they weren't off topic, just explaining why they hated the movies. As for Bolt, my Aunt/Uncle/Cousin saw it before Thanksgiving. Apparently, it was pretty good. Although, i make it a habit to not watch anything that involves Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. Personally, i think the HSM (High School Musical) movies were the worst movies ever made. I havent seen any of the movies posted (besides some Disney sequels).

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
Anybody know why this thread isn't on the Movies/TV board?
He ate my horse.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
Technically, they weren't off topic, just explaining why they hated the movies. As for Bolt, my Aunt/Uncle/Cousin saw it before Thanksgiving. Apparently, it was pretty good. Although, i make it a habit to not watch anything that involves Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. Personally, i think the HSM (High School Musical) movies were the worst movies ever made. I havent seen any of the movies posted (besides some Disney sequels).

You really shouldn't let Miley Cyrus get to you on it. I saw it yesterday and it was a fantastic movie. I didn't even realize Miley Cyrus was voicing it, and actually I thought she did a good job.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.