Disaster Movie
4 (14.8%)
Spice World
3 (11.1%)
Any Disney Sequel
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 03:59:33 AM

Author Topic: What was the worst film ever made?  (Read 22547 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What was the worst film ever made?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »
I just watched the news Bonds movie, and i have to say that it was less the satisfying.

Really it was 90 minutes of shooting, punching, falling, and explosions. Oh, and beautiful woman were eVerywhere. Apparently Bonds is the only male agent out there.

Pssh.

I was hoping i'd sit through a fantastically written script, except i find that there was hardly any dialogue. Really, the bare minimum.

And, to top it off, it lacked its essential kick ass cars. WTH? This is a 007 film, where are the Aston Martins, and what the hell is this Ford Edge doing here?

Really, you guys serious?

Its sad, i knew making the adjustment to this new Bonds would be hard, but the failure of maintaining other essential parts of 007 just made it that much more difficult. Its a shame, really.
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
And, to top it off, it lacked its essential kick ass cars. WTH? This is a 007 film, where are the Aston Martins, and what the hell is this Ford Edge doing here?

Ford Edge? Seriously?
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 02:04:23 AM »

Ford Edge? Seriously?

No joke.

I deeply, deeply hurt.
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 10:22:07 PM »
See, even though that movie [The Great Mouse Detective] came out when I was only a year old, I still know of it and cherish it as a classic.  ;D

You were one when it came out?!?  I'm having a senior moment here!

As far as Home on the Range goes, I heard that it was the supposed nail in the coffin for traditionally animated Disney features.  Of course, Disney then went on to produce at least one 3-D animated feature that also sucked.  As they are now working on traditional animation again, perhaps someone over there realized that story and character are much more important than medium.  I'll take a good 2-D animated flick over a crappy 3-D animated flick any day of the week.

I will say one thing for Home on the Range.  Casting Roseanne Barr as a cow was an appropriate choice. ;)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 05:11:57 AM »
I had fond memories of The Great Mouse Detective, so we got it from the library.

It was truly horrible. It was incredibly painful to watch the characters doing so many stupid things like when Basil sat on his violin. And the main production number was horrifying, when Ratigan punishes a drunk mouse by sending him to his death. Oh yeah, great Disney movie. We were forced to fast-forward through large chunks of the movie because it was so painful, and every time we hit play we just cringed again from the awfulness.

The best period of Disney movies started with The Little Mermaid and ended right before Pocahontas.

Karen got the soundtrack for Home on the Range and liked it, so we rented that movie. That was one horrible movie too.  Who was their target audience? Depressed 50-year-old women? Urrgh.

Thank goodness for John Lasseter. Some of the new stuff coming out looks good. Bolt, for example.

Awful as in really bad, or awful as in "this has no place in a Disney movie?" If it's the latter then there really is no argument, since almost EVERY Disney movie has something horrible in it lol. Hell, look at Pirates of the Carribean. Now THOSE movies were awful.

Again, awful in the sense that there were many scenes a young child shouldn't watch, even if it was subtle.

I will agree that John Lassiter is an amazing individual.

See, even though that movie [The Great Mouse Detective] came out when I was only a year old, I still know of it and cherish it as a classic.  ;D
You were one when it came out?!?  I'm having a senior moment here!

I tend to have that effect on a lot of people. I just love too much older stuff.  :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:14:17 AM by CranberryCthulhu (with a side of KefkaKiwi) »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Awful as in it was incredibly stupid, poorly plotted, and had bad dialogue. I don't hold Disney movies to a particularly higher standard than any other movies. Well...I do expect Disney cartoons to be relatively tame, but it was bad in a way that would have made any movie bad. Not worth seeing, and especially not worth paying for.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »
Awful as in it was incredibly stupid, poorly plotted, and had bad dialogue. I don't hold Disney movies to a particularly higher standard than any other movies. Well...I do expect Disney cartoons to be relatively tame, but it was bad in a way that would have made any movie bad. Not worth seeing, and especially not worth paying for.

Meh I'll agree to disagree.  ;D

I for one love that movie.  :)

Different strokes and all that jazz.  8)

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
Again, awful in the sense that there were many scenes a young child shouldn't watch, even if it was subtle.
We have to pre-screen most kids movies because my children are easily freaked out.  We've never made it through the first five minutes of Monsters Inc., after much pleading we tried Pirates of the Caribbean and made it two minutes in.  Disney movies always kill off a parent or something like that.
I don't want suspense, tension and intense drama in a child's movie.  I hate getting up with a kid who had nightmares because they showed Monster House at school

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
CthulhuKefka, how recently have you watched it all the way through?

I had a huge fondness for the 1980s miniseries and tv series V which was pretty much dashed when we watched the DVDs over the last few months. My memory of how good it was proved oh so faulty. (Once I got to the evil-clone+bathetic-little-girl-teaches-grumpy-guy-the-true-meaning-of-Christmas episode, I had to admit it had jumped the shark—and then it just got more and more ridiculous!)

(TRON still rocks though...)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:38:29 AM by Mok Apple Pie »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 02:13:55 AM »

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »
Tron was excellent.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »

Just last month. Still loved it.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
Friend had me watch Cloverfield. I was actually really disappointed...I wanted to like the movie, I really did. I just could not be pulled into the story since they kept giving us hints at what was going on but then just flat out declaring it is unimportant. As a listener and reader, I am not okay with that.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »

Just last month. Still loved it.
Interesting.

Ultimately, what makes something the worst or best film ever made is subjective. Films work on many different levels, and which combinations of levels are most important to one person won't match what's important to another. Also, people change over time and their tastes change.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
As far as Home on the Range goes, I heard that it was the supposed nail in the coffin for traditionally animated Disney features.  Of course, Disney then went on to produce at least one 3-D animated feature that also sucked.  As they are now working on traditional animation again, perhaps someone over there realized that story and character are much more important than medium.  I'll take a good 2-D animated flick over a crappy 3-D animated flick any day of the week.

I will say one thing for Home on the Range.  Casting Roseanne Barr as a cow was an appropriate choice. ;)

Disney Animation went though a bad period. Once Disney got rid of Eisner as CEO, they were able to buy Pixar and merge Pixar with Disney animation studios. All the Pixar heads became the bosses at the newly reformed Disney Studios and revived 2D hand drawn animation. The previous heads had lacked vision, while the Pixar heads are full of vision, and talent. I for one am really looking forward to Bolt, coming out shortly.

As for Disney movies...  well, most of them are based on fairy tales from Medieval times, and are quite tragic. Walt Disney softened them up, but there is only so much softening you can do in classic Hans Christian Anderson-style tragedies like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Mermaid and Snow White. Many of their other early movies were written in the same style, adopting stoylines from a hundred or more years before (like Sherlock holmes) - in a way, Disney movies intoruce young children to the classics in that manner.

Dont forget though, Disney/Pixar has put out awesome movies like the Incredibles and Cars, even the hilarious Chicken Little. monsters Inc...  I really dont know how anyone could NOT like the movie. it was classic bad guy/good guy animation with no deaths, or anything of that nature. I may have been a little scary for the really young ones, but thats about it.

Pirate of the Caribbean was classic Greek Tragedy. Although I did not care for the 2nd and 3rd ones all that much.