Disaster Movie
4 (14.8%)
Spice World
3 (11.1%)
Any Disney Sequel
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 03:59:33 AM

Author Topic: What was the worst film ever made?  (Read 22557 times)

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What was the worst film ever made?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »
I went with D&D, because as was mentioned previously, it does absolutely nothing that a movie is supposed to do. I mean, it tries to tell a story, and honestly, Jeremy Irons should have his head examined for agreeing to be in this thing because not even he could save it. I like Jeremy Irons, I do, but this movie is just terrible......And yes Ness, you definitely need to rent and compare. :)

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
I cried when i watched D&D, i cried like a prideless fool.

I laughed. It was so bad I had to laugh to keep myself from shriveling up. Och!

I think my cat was laughing--though i'm not sure if it was at me or the movie. Both were remarkably pathetic...
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
Most Disney sequels do stink, but come on, Rescuers Down Under was awesome!

The D&D movie was sad, just sad. It's sequel was a little better, but not by much.

However, the D&D movie is friggin' Citizen Kane when it comes to Disaster Movie. /shudder

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 06:30:16 PM »
Rescuers Down Under doesn't count, it came out before the current run of "our big theater movies suck, so lets make money from unsuspecting preschoolers" sequels.  Any princess movie sequel counts.  I should also add my distain for the Disney policy of only releasing their movies for a short time once every ten years. 

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
Rescuers Down Under doesn't count, it came out before the current run of "our big theater movies suck, so lets make money from unsuspecting preschoolers" sequels.  Any princess movie sequel counts.  I should also add my distain for the Disney policy of only releasing their movies for a short time once every ten years. 

Ok, I'll concede on that point.

Oh and yeah, the "limited time only before they go back into the Disney vault of doom forever..." (until they decide to release it again years later as another more uber edition.  ::))

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »

Ok, I'll concede on that point.

Oh and yeah, the "limited time only before they go back into the Disney vault of doom forever..." (until they decide to release it again years later as another more uber edition.  ::))

Between that and the fake Disney and kids show type releases that you see in the grocery store checkout lines, I have told my grandmother to not buy any Christmas gifts for the little'uns without checking with me or my sister first. Honestly kind of a shame what they are doing.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
Why can't Disney go back to the truly great innovative movies like The Great Mouse Detective? That movie rocked.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
Why can't Disney go back to the truly great innovative movies like The Great Mouse Detective? That movie rocked.

Apparently you win as the Nostalgia Hero.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 12:58:44 AM »
My mother has the amazing ability to find the most annoying animated movie to come out in a given year, then buys several to give to all her grandchildren.  Barnyard was the winner one year.  But I gave her my anti-Disney rant and now she finds odd books to give us instead.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 04:22:33 AM »

Apparently you win as the Nostalgia Hero.

See, even though that movie came out when I was only a year old, I still know of it and cherish it as a classic.  ;D

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »
I had fond memories of The Great Mouse Detective, so we got it from the library.

It was truly horrible. It was incredibly painful to watch the characters doing so many stupid things like when Basil sat on his violin. And the main production number was horrifying, when Ratigan punishes a drunk mouse by sending him to his death. Oh yeah, great Disney movie. We were forced to fast-forward through large chunks of the movie because it was so painful, and every time we hit play we just cringed again from the awfulness.

The best period of Disney movies started with The Little Mermaid and ended right before Pocahontas.

Karen got the soundtrack for Home on the Range and liked it, so we rented that movie. That was one horrible movie too.  Who was their target audience? Depressed 50-year-old women? Urrgh.

Thank goodness for John Lasseter. Some of the new stuff coming out looks good. Bolt, for example.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 07:44:16 AM »
Home on the Range was truly awful.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »
Home on the Range made me vow never to go to an animated movie in the theater again.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
You watched it in the theatre?  You poor thing!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »
Home on the Range made me vow never to go to an animated movie in the theater again.

You have my utmost sympathies.