Author Topic: Fable 2 Released  (Read 6701 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Fable 2 Released
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »
Ah how good it feels to finally own Fable 2. For all of those who will be interested in conversation about this game please use this thread. I got the confirmation about the delivery to my house today but it will be a few days till im home to actually play this game. Please let me know what you think because im sure it is going to be amazing.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fable 2 Released
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:45:19 AM »
I am so psyched about this game. It looks completely awesome. Not sure when I'm getting it but I can't wait!!
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:06:30 AM »
My best friend was at the midnight release of the game. He says its outstandingly awesome. I can't wait to pick it up.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:50 AM »
Ah how good it feels to finally own Fable 2. For all of those who will be interested in conversation about this game please use this thread. I got the confirmation about the delivery to my house today but it will be a few days till im home to actually play this game. Please let me know what you think because im sure it is going to be amazing.

It came out! of course it did, how silly of me. Ive been so caught up with college...Gotta go!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »
If I had money I would so spend it to purchase this game and Fallout3. Everyone who has it post your impressions on the forum! I wanna know! (No story spoilers though, I love Molyneux's stories.)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »
From what I have heard the main story is really fairly poor for an RPG-type game. Its the side stories and characters you meet that really makes the game shine.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
Gah! Too many games to play right now!

The first one was really fantastic and I have been waiting so patiently for the sequel. I really hope Molyneux continues to do what he does best and give us a great great game.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:44 PM »
So I just got this on Saturday, I don't plan on doing a review so I'll just give a quick rundown.

Basically, this is somewhat of a mix of games. It's not wholly an RPG-you don't even level up, persay. You can buy different abilities with experience points, so you could level up your Toughness, which uses melee experience, but your character's "level" stays the same. There are four basic types of experience; Will, Skill, and Strength, as well as a General type of XP that can be used for any of the three.
Combat is NOT turn-based.
It has First Person Shooter qualities; if you level up your skill (ranged attacks) you can even target specific body parts.    Please don't misunderstand me though there are very few FPS qualities in this game  :P
Right now it is a lot of fun, although I'm not sure quite what I was expecting. Your character changes to reflect your actions, and the world changes to reflect your choices. You can buy nearly every piece of real-estate in the game; you can take on jobs like blacksmithing or whatnot. I'm still deciding if its going to be a classic game I'll love and remember or not.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
I've started fable 2--so far its not disappointing but im not far enough to tell...
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 02:30:19 AM »
Sorry for not getting back to this thread. The game is pretty awesome so far. Im not to far and I dont want any *Spoilers* so I wont get into detail. There is so much you can do in this game I think I might be playing it for years and still not be done. And im not joking. Everynight ive gone home from work and played until I went to sleep and then played from when I woke up till I had to go to work. It is as addicting as the first. I have a little issue with the way you use your magic. I think the original way was better but other than that I cant complain.

If you liked Fable then go get this game because it is everything you have been waiting for in a non turnbased RPG fantasy game.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
Anyone who decides to go out and buy Fable 2--i would recommend you to pick up fallout 3 as well. ;D
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
Blast....my game budget for this month has already been blown. Those are BOTH games that I want. 

Time to whine and beg the wife for more cash :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
Good luck with that Ghost. I hope you ge the cash needed to support your addiction.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 11:23:34 PM »
Blast....my game budget for this month has already been blown. Those are BOTH games that I want. 

Time to whine and beg the wife for more cash :D

Brave, brave soul...

You know, what you could do is buy her something without telling her--surprise her--then take her out for dinner. Afterwards tell her she makes you feel young and that you want to walk with her in the mall. Where you will lead her to Gamestop (or any other place) and when you see the Fallout 3 or Fable add that is surely to be up there, first act surprised but mainly be awed, overjoyed, like you fell in love all over again...

Thats a pretty elaborate lie, and i dont do that to my wife--i'm eighteen. i dont even have a girlfriend...perhaps it has something to do with my uncanny ability to fib...hmm?
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

USNAVYAM08

• Level 2
  • there's always another secret
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
i thought fable 2 was a good game overall. story line was quite short for my taste but still good. today however im trading it in for a sports game. lol. to me sports games have a lot more re-playability that others.
there's always another secret
Arizona Cardinals 4-3
Phoenix Suns 2-1