Author Topic: *Spoilers* Hero of Ages, your favorite and least favorite twists (Spoilers!)  (Read 1692 times)

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
So, what's everyone's favorite and least favorite plot twist?

I think my favorite twist was finding out that the 1st generation Kandra were Rashek's fellow packmen. With the other Feruchemists being the original Mistwraiths. Didn't see that one. I had figured they turned on him or something but couldn't figure out why or what happened. So yeah. Favorite twist.

Least favorite is a toss up between finding out about the Resolution, because I didn't want them all to "commit suicide" (though the way it happened was coo), and when Vin became a demigod, since that's when I figured they were going to die. Or at least be separated. Again, when it happened, it was in a cool way (Vin saying You shouldn't have killed Elend. You see, he was the only reason I had left to live. – shivers; she's deadly and you give her no reason to live? Foolish Ruin).

And I say demigod because Ruin and Preservation were limited. They couldn't create without working together, so they weren't all powerful.

This is besides finding out that I was right about Sazed and Snapping. I was doing a happy dance the whole book because of that. :P

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
So, what's everyone's favorite and least favorite plot twist?

I think my favorite twist was finding out that the 1st generation Kandra were Rashek's fellow packmen. With the other Feruchemists being the original Mistwraiths. Didn't see that one. I had figured they turned on him or something but couldn't figure out why or what happened. So yeah. Favorite twist.

Least favorite is a toss up between finding out about the Resolution, because I didn't want them all to "commit suicide" (though the way it happened was coo), and when Vin became a demigod, since that's when I figured they were going to die. Or at least be separated. Again, when it happened, it was in a cool way (Vin saying You shouldn't have killed Elend. You see, he was the only reason I had left to live. – shivers; she's deadly and you give her no reason to live? Foolish Ruin).

And I say demigod because Ruin and Preservation were limited. They couldn't create without working together, so they weren't all powerful.

This is besides finding out that I was right about Sazed and Snapping. I was doing a happy dance the whole book because of that. :P

In most ancient religions, the gods were typically not all-powerful.  EUOL's usage is perfectly standard.
Nature hates being reified.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
My favorite twist was learning how Koloss were made.  If anyone saw that one coming, my hat's off to them. 

I can't think of a least favorite twist right now.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
The Seer, totally ballin'
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
Favorite: 16. The fact that Preservation had been using it as a sign to humanity through everything so intricately, then made it so EXACTLY 16% of the population bred true as mistings (I think the ones who died were Mistborn). That, along with Elend's last gambit against Ruin made for an epic interconnected twist.

Least: The Terris Religion. Had that one figured a few months back when everyone started gravitating around Ruin and Preservation on the boards. As far as twists go: awesome; as far as BS twists go: kinda weak.

The book was bloody amazing, but the whole overall tone felt a bit too rushed (and at 83 chapters, that's crazy)... that and the way it left the last two metals undiscovered... blegh...
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.