Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2008  (Read 31390 times)

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: National Novel Writing Month 2008
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2008, 12:12:42 AM »
I'm at 24,848. All you people who are getting ahead are making me want to write more, but not in a good way. I'm too competitive for my own good.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2008, 05:38:22 AM »
I'm at 30,903.

I've gotten sick the past couple days and I'm surprised how it's killed my writing flow. The consant desire to let my mind wander with the cold-medication mind trip is not helping me conserve writing time.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2008, 08:19:28 AM »
Today: 2,590
Total: 28,264

Oh my gosh!!!  I got to the end of my planned work, and was only like 300-500 words away from my goal, so I decided I'd just figure out something to keep the scene going rather trying to start something new.  However, I had to fight the entire time.  I've learned my lesson though: the story wins.  If the scene is done, then move on.

Although, because of it, I did get to write this cool dream scene, which gave me a whole bunch extra, so now I'm not quite sure.  Maybe we might have both won...  :-\
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2008, 07:06:21 AM »
I did it!  I did it!  25,220  This is great, well for me; I finally made my goal so now I can go watch Heroes! ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2008, 07:22:25 AM »
Congradulations!  It feels great to know that you're finally half way done, doesn't it?

Today: 2,276
Total: 30,540

Ha!  Finally, all the set up is done.  Tomorrow's chapter has a whole bunch of stuff going on in it, so I'm really excited to get it written.  Hopefully I don't have a brain cramp in the middle of it, and thus have issues writing.  Ah, well, here's to plot holes the size of japan *hold up a goblet full of cider*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
Congradulations!  It feels great to know that you're finally half way done, doesn't it?

Ha!  Finally, all the set up is done.  Tomorrow's chapter has a whole bunch of stuff going on in it, so I'm really excited to get it written.  Hopefully I don't have a brain cramp in the middle of it, and thus have issues writing.  Ah, well, here's to plot holes the size of japan *hold up a goblet full of cider*

It is great, now all I have to do is count down instead of up, the numbers are not quite as discouraging that way.  I was in the middle-end when I hit my goal.  I decided to stop when I noticed just how bad it was getting (and this was while I was in the middle of writing it) and watch my show and post a bit before bed.
*holds up a corresponding goblet filled to brim*

Now @ 27,667    3:40 pm  sun edit
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:40:51 PM by GreenNecrobeanCasserole »

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2008, 12:58:39 AM »
Today: 3,010
Total: 33,549

Yeah, today totally rocked.  I swear half of that chapter pretty much wrote itself.  And then the rest of it I pretty much only thought before it was on the screen.  It's scenes like that which make me happy.

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2008, 01:02:53 AM »
Today: 3,010
Total: 33,549

Yeah, today totally rocked.  I swear half of that chapter pretty much wrote itself.  And then the rest of it I pretty much only thought before it was on the screen.  It's scenes like that which make me happy.

Good job!  Wow, I'm trying to catch up but...I stopped at 28K or so.  I'm over my goal so I get to reward myself a bit with internet privileges.  Yeah! ;)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2008, 01:05:19 AM »
Hey, I'm the same way.  I finally got my hands on a book I've been trying to get since the 28th, but I told myself I wasn't allowed to read until I was done for the day.  Although, I'm tempted to say no reading until the end of november because then the desire to read it might be more then the desire to write.

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2008, 01:17:58 AM »
I did that.  I have foresworn reading all books other than my own, for fear of it taking me away from writing.  My problem is that I won't stop reading, just go, and go, until I'm done.  Thankfully I know I have a problem and am able to take counter measures. :-[

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »
I have bronchitis slowing me down. Good think I got a little ahead at the start.

On the good side, I've completely loss my voice so I don't have things like conversations distracting me. And I get to take some time off of work, so maybe I'll get some good writing done in between the coughing and wheezing.

At 35,207 right now.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2008, 06:06:28 AM »
I have bronchitis slowing me down. Good think I got a little ahead at the start.

Ouch!

Just over 31,000.  I'm not exactly sure as I've been doing a lot of writing on paper.  It's a lot faster for me!  Maybe I can convince my wife help me transcribe it, since she types like 400 word/min.  It's amazing to watch!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2008, 06:09:43 AM »
That is insane.

They say on the offical website that if you hand write everything, and have a second person vouch that your document is the correct lengeth you can use dummy text to be the correct length to submit.  So you don't even really need to transcribe it (at least, not right at the moment)

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2008, 06:21:48 AM »
True, but I remember reading that if you win, another site will actually print up one copy of your book.  While it might not be very good, I'd Looove to look over at my bookcase and see my name on a book there!   ;D

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »
Mmmm... I know.  I just kind of hope that it's for the whole novel, and not just the part I wrote in november, because I'm almost positive that it won't be done by the 30th.  I mean, I'm no where near close to being done.  And on that note:

Today: 2,297
Total: 35, 847.

I'm also uber sad because my file got curupted somehow, so I lost all of my notes for later.  I'm not even sure of what all I've lost at this point, but I can tell you I'm not happy about it.