Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2008  (Read 30754 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: National Novel Writing Month 2008
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:43 PM »
Yeah, I am.  I use the same username pretty much everywhere.  Have for a very long time.

And while others might have won, I think you're the first to post about it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2008, 03:23:34 AM »
wow I just wrote 2,538 words in less than two hours. It was like the floodgates opened...it was pretty intense. I'm actually really pleased with what I wrote, too!  Now if I can just get it to be like this all the time!
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »
40,000 almost there!
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »
Congrats Necro!

I'm at 45,000. I might just reach 50k tommorrow if I'm really dedicated.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

spejoku

• Level 3
  • Insanity isn't all that bad really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »
GAH 35795 is LAME.  STUPID SCHOOl AND WORK!
Tacos: the food of choice for awesome people

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
Haha, I'm the other way around. The screen does bad things to the quality of my writing. Plus, I can take a pencil and paper anywhere. Not so my desktop computer...

I actually have kind-of noticed this as well.  When I am writing with pencil and paper, I tend to just write instead of constantly scrutinizing every single thing I type out.  When I eventually transfer it to the computer, it ends up in a much sleeker form then it would have if I just typed is straight through.  During the transfer process, you can add the little things that you missed and you catch a lot of your mistakes.  I think it also allows for your voice to come through a bit more.

It might just be me, though.  :P

On another note, I really wish I participated this year.  Time is running a bit for me as of now, though.  Next year is definitely a go, though.

EDIT: In reality, I have written a good 25k words this month, but they are either replies to other people's fiction, or just short stories.  I wrote one thing that's about 15k, but, meh.

Like I said, next year is a go.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:21:26 PM by Wielder »
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2008, 04:53:03 AM »
48,000!  I'm almost done!   ;D

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2008, 04:55:29 AM »
Come on Necro, you can do that last 2k!  Let's both finish this thing today!  *Is currently around 3k away from the end, and determined to be done tonight*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:43 AM »
Come on Necro, you can do that last 2k!  Let's both finish this thing today!  *Is currently around 3k away from the end, and determined to be done tonight*

Alright, I'll give it a go! :D

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2008, 05:05:29 AM »
50,107 words.

Made it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2008, 08:16:59 AM »
I hate you all. Just saying.

. . . .

. . .

. .

Just kidding! Congrats to all of you.

I haven't actually written any prose in the last couple of days. But I fixed a couple of plot issues. Hooray for making my book better.

Now, I just need to write that other 43,000 words in the next ... what ... week?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »
*lets out a super squeel of joy*  IT'S DONE!!!  I did it!!!  As of 12:35 on the 23 of November, 2008 I am at 50,328 nanowrimo qualifying text.  (My actual novel is at 65,576.  I didn't realize until I was abut 10k into it that I was supposed to start a new book.  I've just made sure to keep careful track of where I started typing for nanowrimo, and counted only stuff in the book after that, which means I might have misssed a few words.)  Wow, this feels really great.  Okay, self-congraduations is over.

Congrats 42!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:51:53 AM by firstRainbowRose »

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »
Just one little thing, Rose...

It's November. ::)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:09 AM »
Oh... right.  :D  Sorry, I was schedueling appointments in december all today, so my mind must have changed for some reason.  Thanks for catching that.   (If it really had been december I would have cried.)

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
Grats 42 and Rose!  Wooo!
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain