Author Topic: Hero of Ages signings photos  (Read 10178 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of Ages signings photos
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
Perhaps there could be a way to set up the Zazzle and send the royalties to Brandon through the Paypal donation thing on his website. The way that Zazzle stuff works is that Zazzle gets the majority of the money, and then the creator gets a 10% royalty (it's possible to increase that royalty amount, but that increases the cost to the shirt). I don't really even care about money and would be happy to give the full amount of the royalties to Brandon--just one more way to support him, which I am all for!

If not that (because that seems rather complicated to get the royalties to Brandon), Brandon or Jordan should really think about making a Zazzle thing themselves, because it doesn't seem too difficult to do.

I know I'd want some of those shirts :D

Lol, i think we would have alot of fun with that...
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »
But the top priority would be to get the royalties to Brandon, or however we do it. I don't want cheat him!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »
I compeleatly agree that if we don't do it, EUOL and Sprig should, because I really want at least the book one, if not tons of others.  But I really don't think it would be hard to make sure that a portion goes to them, since like Chaos said you can increase the royalty amount.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
Did anyone see the sign in the background of Vegas' photo? Sanderson and Farland, wow now im upset. I mean its not enouph that these signings are far far away from me but there are two authors that I enjoy at the same one. Im going to scream. Well maybe not but Vegas is a lucky guy to have been at that signing.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »
I don't think we'll make one, mostly because we can get better deals elsewhere so we can sell shirts for cheaper and make more off them (buy in bulk and no print on demand, it's what the webcomic guys do).  Also Brandon hasn't shown much interest in doing t-shirts lately--that's not to say he wont but he wants to get something that looks good and is cool and not just throw something up to make a quick buck.  We've got the cafeepress one on the site but that one was an experiment he made just to test thing out (I don't even think he wants it on the site anymore).

You're welcome to e-mail him about the site, because it is intresting, but I don't think he'll get back to you on this anytime soon because of the book tour.

However, I know he won't care if you make shirts as long as you're not making money off of them.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 11:00:52 PM »
That's good advice.

EDIT: Maybe we could submit designs to EUOL's website, have a dialog with him about which one(s) would be best to make, and then get them straight from the website. Not that anything would happen before the book tour was over... I'll email it in. :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:24:42 AM by Qarlinstein »

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 03:29:41 AM »
Nessa,

You are one crazy woman for waiting in line. :)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 05:56:06 AM »
Nessa,

You are one crazy woman for waiting in line. :)

Oldie, let me tell you, I had NO freaking idea it would be that long. I got there later than expected. I had my three kids with me. As much as I like to support Brandon, there is no way I am ever waiting in line like that again.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
lol. Three kids in a line for over 2 hours. Now THAT is a true friend/fan. (And thanks for getting my books too! I can't thank ya enough).

By the way: I love your Halloweenish name. Rotfl. I forgot how we do that name-changing thing on holidays. Hmmm, what did I do last year?
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 06:25:12 AM »
Ookla, I eagerly await the picture of you at the Torrence signing with your new adjective :D
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 04:32:17 PM »
Ookla, I eagerly await the picture of you at the Torrence signing with your new adjective :D

lol, you seem a bit excited Drac--wanna such his neck or something...For feeding purposes only of course! What'd ya think i meant?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 04:42:40 AM »

The signing was a lot of fun. Audience members asked a lot of good questions about writing—it was like over four podcasts of material (though a lot of it was stuff I'd heard before). I asked a couple leading questions: "You've given out some good advice and you mentioned a podcast; what's that about, and Dave, do you have anything similar?" (Dave does; his Daily Kick in the Pants. I'm having trouble finding a link to it though) and "What books do you both currently have scheduled to come out, and what are you working on next?"

Our new home teacher was there at the signing, and I hadn't known he was a big fantasy fan.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 04:44:39 AM »
Wow Ook, you almost look like your icon.  That's kind of funny.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2008, 04:59:04 AM »
I...don't see the resemblance.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2008, 06:26:42 AM »
No way. He'd have to have a full beard, give him fangs, blacken the whites in his eyes, major plastic surgery to change his nose, grow his hair out long, and then flip the color scheme of the photo to negative...

Yeah, I'm not seeing it at all.