Author Topic: Final Hero of Ages Theories  (Read 6300 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Final Hero of Ages Theories
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Yeah. When you need to split it into three posts because of character limits, you know it's long.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
Using a complicated process, I was able to grade my theories and question/answers based upon levels of plausibility, cross combined them, picked the most plausible of those theories and then developed answers to any logic holes. For those that were sitting patiently on the seats of their chairs waiting for me to edit my post in this thread, I am sorry but I have withdrawn because my finished theory really belongs in the spoiler thread coming out tonight. If however you are the type of person that likes to read the end of the book before the beginning, I am more than happy to share my theory with you over PM and ruin any suspense that would come from reading MB3 yourself. That is all.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 11:45:46 PM »
Using a complicated process, I was able to grade my theories and question/answers based upon levels of plausibility, cross combined them, picked the most plausible of those theories and then developed answers to any logic holes. For those that were sitting patiently on the seats of their chairs waiting for me to edit my post in this thread, I am sorry but I have withdrawn because my finished theory really belongs in the spoiler thread coming out tonight. If however you are the type of person that likes to read the end of the book before the beginning, I am more than happy to share my theory with you over PM and ruin any suspense that would come from reading MB3 yourself. That is all.

Uh huh. Suuuuuurrrre you have. :P You're just a copycat.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:48:36 PM by Chaos2651 »

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »

Just know you won't be able to claim you are right if you release your theories after the book is released...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 11:56:32 PM »
You are only allowed to say "I told you so" if your theory is here, or you can dig out a theory after the fact deep in the depths of all the topics.

But, of course, you are kidding :P

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »
Uh huh. Suuuuuurrrre you have. Unless you've already read the book :P

Actually, I haven't, I just didn't feel like putting the effort into a really long post, much of which agree with or are similar to several of the theories already presented and instead posted a joke as an easy way out.

I do, however, have a ton of theories that I have rated in plausibility, many of which have not been shared with the forum for various reasons. Once I find time to read MB3, I may post them just to give us discussion material until the next Sanderson masterpiece hits shelves.

Edit: I don't say 'I told you so either' because most of my theories were phrased in the form of a question and or joke. See the kandra thread for examples.

Edi2: Also, since I admitted that I already received my book, it should automatically disqualify any theory after that fact.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:41:16 AM by VegasDev »
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 12:29:24 AM »
Well, yeah. I don't expect anyone to come up with some gargantuan post like I did. That took probably a good seven hours of work to put together.

bhthomas

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 01:03:50 AM »
Ive got a question for all you theorists. Will you be happier if you turn out to be right or wrong?

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 01:07:48 AM »
Oh absolutely happier. However, the level of happiness directly depends on the craziness of the theory. For example if we theorize that hemalurgy involves spikes pounded into your head, its practically a fact. Though you will find no mention of hemalurgy in book 1 or 2 we know it takes piercings to make a hemalurgist. So I won't be terribly excited when I see that that makes book 3.
However, if we discover that the Eleventh Metal is actually a Kandra Plot to Overthrow Humanity...well, that would be a bit more exciting.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 01:09:40 AM »
Well, there is such a small probability that I got everything right, so I don't think it matters. The point of theorizing is really to just identify questions. Even with my massive block of text, there were still a lot more questions. I'd love to be right with my theories, but ultimately, I don't think it matters much.

And man, Reeves, I am going to swear an oath right now. If the 11th metal/kandra theory is true, I will laugh so hard for a full day.

On the other hand, I would really love for my model of Hemalurgy to be right. But if it's not, I'm not going to be that upset, because I am certain Brandon has a better explanation in store for us.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 03:48:49 AM »
If one of those zany theories turns out to be true, I will actually stop reading my copy of Hero of Ages and come congratulate whoever made it.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »
Good Lord, Chaos!  It'll be faster to read the book!  I wish I had seen this before I started book 3, but instead I'll just wait for everyone to read it and join in on the "I told you so's" and "Ohhh, I get now's" that will proliferate these threads.  I also can't wait for the denial posts, where someone sticks to a theory even after the last book proves it false.  It will happen.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »
Good Lord, Chaos!  It'll be faster to read the book!  I wish I had seen this before I started book 3, but instead I'll just wait for everyone to read it and join in on the "I told you so's" and "Ohhh, I get now's" that will proliferate these threads.  I also can't wait for the denial posts, where someone sticks to a theory even after the last book proves it false.  It will happen.

lol that'll be me. "But this is what should have happened..."

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »
Spoiler in a non-spoiler thread. But I saved what you wrote, and added it to a post in the spoiler thread.

--Brenna
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:14:40 AM by Brenna »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
Thanks Brenna, I think I had a few little thoughtless moments, good thing you and Ookla are around!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier