Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 3347 times)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Supernatural
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
Anyone watch this show?

I picked up the first season on dvd and got instantly hooked. Does it get better? I'll probably be picking up seasons two and three sometime this week.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
Re: Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
My wife and I love this show. We watch it every week. It is a LOT of fun. :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
Cool, thanks for the response.

My friend recommended it to me and he hasn't steered me wrong so far. I also found that they made a prequel comic that shows how the father got started in the evil hunting business. Only one volume is out right now but it is pretty awesome, I bought it yesterday.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
Oh, I love Sam and Dean Winchester. One of those "gotta watch" shows for me. Jena (another forum poster) is a HUGE fan too.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:37:10 PM »
I have been watching the show since the infamous Amy Acker scene =).  I have definitely enjoyed it all up until now.  Even if some of story-writing has seemed bordering on the improvised, there have been some wonderful wonderful moments. Ghostfacers and Dean on the movie set just to name a couple.  But right now, i am just not really sure what the tension is.  Some things have happened that I am not sure that I agree with, and feel like were are forced to just take things the way they are presenting them simply because of the common perceptions.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 04:30:02 AM »
So I started watching season 2 at work today, and I must say, the first six episodes are darker than almost the whole of the first season! I'm excited, I have high hopes for this series. I just hope it can deliver.  :)

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
Anyone catch any of this season yet? Last few episodes had me in stitches. =)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »
Aye, I've been all caught up for a little while now. Season 4 is amazing! I'm a big Castiel fan.  ;)

For viewing pleasure, Jensen Ackles + Eye of the Tiger. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmWcWs3fqA

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
Not really sure what I think of Castiel. The writers have spent three season making a point that we don't know everything about the supernatural world. Everything works very differently and has much different and deeper meanings than the secular world gives it credit for. So when they do exactly the opposite of that with Castiel, I feel really worried and saddened. They actually had a chance to do something interesting, and instead they just try to prove everyone conceptions right.

I had seen that when i watched the episode, and it was awesome =).

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

Lol same. Its moments like that that really make the show for me. "Astronaut!!"
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 03:49:55 AM »
Not really sure what I think of Castiel. The writers have spent three season making a point that we don't know everything about the supernatural world. Everything works very differently and has much different and deeper meanings than the secular world gives it credit for. So when they do exactly the opposite of that with Castiel, I feel really worried and saddened. They actually had a chance to do something interesting, and instead they just try to prove everyone conceptions right.

I don't think they're taking Castiel down that road though. Seriously, in the handful of episodes he's been in, he hasn't acted like an "angel" is suppose to act by traditional definition. Even he has doubts. I just really like Misha Collins's portrayal though.  ;)

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
The secular conception of them not actively doing anything. The arrogant air of superiority. That kind of thing

Though I will admit, even with my dislike of where he is right now the acting is superb.