Author Topic: Off topic - FYI - Speaking of Book to TV..  (Read 2176 times)

kariotis21

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Off topic - FYI - Speaking of Book to TV..
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »
http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/index.html

The story of the Wizard's First Rule from the Sword of Truth series starts this weekend.

Here is to hoping we will eventually see Mistborn and Wheel of Time make it to the screen in some form as well.

P.S. This is a great forum, I am a new recruit to the Mistborn series, but I am not done with the 3rd book yet.  I look forward to future discussions with all of you.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Off topic - FYI - Speaking of Book to TV..
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:52:54 PM »
Actually, he was approached with the suggestion of turning Mistborn into a tv series, and turned them down.  He felt that the books wouldn't translate well into a series (and honestly, after HoA, I have to agree)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Xekim

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
I don't know.  I think it wouldn't do all that well as live action since the books seem to get hard as their progress to make live action without it seeming like it would need a massive budget to do some of the effects.  So, a trilogy of movies sounds more reasonable.  Also, I think that certain styles of animation would do it justice.  (I know it sounds like a silly idea)  However, the right artist could probably bring a fascinating take on the series.  *shrugs* 

If it's making the series into an episodic format that's too difficult, then I can see portions that would be difficult to translate, but others that seem to break into that kind of format very well.  HoA would be a bit harder to do, but not impossible I think.  *laughs*  However, it's just my opinion so...yeah.   

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
Actually, he was approached with the suggestion of turning Mistborn into a tv series, and turned them down.  He felt that the books wouldn't translate well into a series (and honestly, after HoA, I have to agree)
Did he mention this somewhere? I don't remember reading it anywhere.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:42:13 AM »
He said it at a signing he did in Springville in I think it was June (or somewhere around there.  Early summer)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"