Author Topic: Mistborn 3 chapter 4  (Read 3614 times)

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn 3 chapter 4
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 11:13:48 PM »
lol that was just me acting confident for my bet with Andrew the Great. He believes they ARE written by Rashek, and I believe they ARENT, and whoever loses the bet has to wear the other's choice of a profile pic for a week.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »
Oh, I get it.
And by the way Ookla, I think the reason Brandon chose the Spook chapter, is because it doesn't really give any of book 2's plotline away.  All you learn is that Spook survives until book three.  If he had put any of the sample chapters that we have read so far from hero of ages, there would have been spoilers (Ruin free, Elend the Mistborn, the TenSoon thing).
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:38 PM »
Oh, I get it.
And by the way Ookla, I think the reason Brandon chose the Spook chapter, is because it doesn't really give any of book 2's plotline away.  All you learn is that Spook survives until book three.  If he had put any of the sample chapters that we have read so far from hero of ages, there would have been spoilers (Ruin free, Elend the Mistborn, the TenSoon thing).

Two things. First, Brandon said that the bump in the prologue of book 1 explains the whole series, so I wouldn't rule out something minor in spooks chapter having huge implications. Second, it does mention that Elend is collecting cities, so we know he's not just hunkering down in Luthadel.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Coof

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
Just to tell you guys, the Spook chapter is 14 and there is a nice Bump in it in the book.

kbob_o

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
*shakes head* Coof... you've got to stop that...