Author Topic: I have a thread  (Read 9558 times)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: I have a thread
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:04 AM »
Wow. It's only £7-ish at Amazon.co.uk. Is it paperback?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 04:26:04 AM »
That's what it says.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
Hooray for threads.

Yanno, Dan, it never occured to me before, but I just assumed you sold North American rights... Your book IS coming out in Canada, right?

...Right?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Tor is putting it out in the U.S., and I haven't heard of them putting any home-grown book out in the U.S. without putting it out in Canada as well.

Book contracts in the U.S. almost always include Canada. When the book originates outside of the U.S. in the first place, the likelihood Canada isn't included goes up, but it's still fairly rare.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 02:07:08 AM »
Yay, congrates Dan! I'm excited to read your book as well. Dang, though. 2010? Are you serious? Might have to get a U.K version, too.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 05:35:58 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, but yes, it is coming out in Canada...in April 2010. Depending on who you sell to first, both the US and the UK will buy Canadian rights. My US contract cam first, so they bought "North America," though humorously that does not include Mexico. The UK bought "Commonwealth," which includes the UK, Australia, and usually Canada, but since I'd already sold Canadian rights to Tor they were left out of the UK contract.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »
Well darn. Was hoping that it would come out in Canada at the same time as the UK, which sometimes happens. I guess we'll see which wins out, my impatience to read your book, or my phobia of buying things online...