Author Topic: Ruin and Preservation  (Read 60300 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin and Preservation
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:39 AM »
hey i still don't think Kelsier needed to die  :D
But Vin would not have grown if he hadn't.  She wouldn't have pushed so hard and remained too phlegmatic.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »
I think I'll be sadder if he kills of Sazed than I was when he killed Kelsier, tbh. And unfortunately, Sazed's death could also serve sort of the same push Vin needs for something.  :(

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 12, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
I think I'll be sadder if he kills of Sazed than I was when he killed Kelsier, tbh. And unfortunately, Sazed's death could also serve sort of the same push Vin needs for something.  :(
Yes, it would be very sad.  I think I would cry. :'(
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 10, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »
OK, after reading Brandon's newest annotation, I'm pretty sure the mist spirit is very connected to either Ruin or Preservation.  Brandon makes a note that the Spirit's Bronze pulses are the same as the pulses of the well.  Well, if the pulses of the well are from Ruin (assuming that only those with hemalurgy can hear them), then what is the Mist Spirit.  As of yet, we have heard no deepness pulses, so is the Mist Spirit more than just Preservation's mist servant?
Rereading Well of Acension also got me thinking.  You know the part with Sazed's Lock and Key speech?  Well, what if this also applies here.  For example, the deepness, and the well seem like opposites at first, they oppose eachother, until we find out the the deepness was really jsut a means of making the world desperate enough to release Ruin from the well: lock and Key.  What if there is something similar going on with the Msit spirit and Preservation, or even Preservation and Ruin?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »
Interesting. I could see the Deepness being a catalyst used to cause Ruins release. I mean even if TLR didnt repel the mist entierly he had saved the world from Ruin for the most part. Very interesting.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"