Author Topic: Hereditary college football title  (Read 1690 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Hereditary college football title
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:12:55 AM »
Hey guys, does anyone here remember reading about something like this? I swear I remember reading about it a few years ago, but I can't find a link and am not sure I'm even using the correct terminology.

Basically, this hereditary title determines the football title like a boxing title is determined. You go back to the first college football game, Rutgers vs. Princeton in 1869, and give the title to the winner (Rutgers). Then when they lose the title passes to whoever defeated them. You take this up through the years to the modern day (the title could change hands several times during a single year) and determine who the current hereditary titleholder is.

Where is the list of titleholders, and who is the current titleholder?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hereditary college football title
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »
I have heard of something like this, I think. But, I am awful about following college ball, I really should be better at it being the football fan I am, and raised to watch both college and pros equally, so, I have no idea where the title would be, or even where to start looking. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Eric James Stone

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »
I'd thought of trying to do the research to determine this, but I see I'm not the only one to think of it.  It would be interesting to see who the current title-holder is.
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:08:58 AM »
I'm about halfway done, but it takes a while. There's also the question whether Olympic Athletic Club counts as a college team, but I'm coming up blank. I may have to fork, but I'm guessing the forks will join up (hopefully before too many years).
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:25:08 AM »
Good luck Ookla :) As for the Olympic Athletic Club counting, I would have no idea....sorry.