Author Topic: Heroes: Season 3 *SPOILERS*  (Read 16097 times)

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: Season 3 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 11:40:03 PM »
I, for one, am extremely excited to see what he does with Spock's character.

And I agrees Mok. Throughout the entire scene in the cell, everything he said felt unnatural and forced. It seemed like he playing a villain's stereotype of a superhero as opposed to an actual superhero.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 01:43:08 AM »
OK, I just nearly threw up in my mouth. I am not one to follow Hollywood actor drama. In fact, I stay as far away from it as possible. I don't even subscribe to cable TV. I get everything digitally. My sister, however, thought it would be fun to see my reaction to this tidbit.

Apparently Milo Ventimiglia and Hayden Panettiere are dating.

After that sunk in for a bit, I was truly mollified. It wasn't  creepy enough that there seemed to be more attraction between their characters than should be. Now we begin the thoughts that he is thirty and she is eighteen. It really leaves them with very few topics of conversation...

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 06:34:22 AM »
I've known that for a while, but I agree--it's rather sick, and not just because of the characters  they play on the show. I don't even care about that. It's the age difference. It wouldn't matter so much if she was 25 and he was 37. Same age difference, but she's 18. That's just....sick.

And I'm also excited to see Star Trek. I've never been a big Star Trek fan (much more of a Star Wars nerd...), but I'm really looking forward to this one--mostly to see how Zachary Quinto does.

And let me just say that this season, I've really come to notice just how LAME Claire's character is. I hope she dies next episode....It's not going to happen (I'm betting Noah will get to the hospital when the doctors are about to give up and say 'she's dead' and then she'll come back to life through some connection she's got with him....because it's kinda weird that she was fine BEFORE he left the house, but after, all of a sudden, she's passed out and almost dead....). I looked at my sisters after this episode ended and said  'I hope she dies, because then they'll lose their catalyst and everyone will be stuck without powers until the next eclipse' and then one of my sisters said 'and then heroes would REALLY suck,' and I didn't say it, but I was thinking 'doesn't it already?'

I hope Pete got his powers back. Since everyone else got them taken away, maybe since Pete had already lost his, he'll get them back....I'm hoping. And Nathan is....so dumb.....I'm glad Mohinder's not crazy anymore. I hope Noah doesn't really shoot Sylar and Elle. That would kind of suck....And I thought it was hilarious how smoothly Noah busted up both of those two. It was AWESOME!
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
Everything seems to be tied together with the eclipse (which doesn't take all that long--I don't think--so the next episode should see the restoring of powers)

Well I hope so anyway.  If they continue on in this vein I'll just watch The Hills with my wife--no, not so much-- or just give up on TV for good.  I mean I watch Heroes because of the abilities, not for the poor story-line or bad acting.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 07:09:54 AM »
This show is really starting to suck. Come on, no eclipse takes anywhere near this long—totality is usually just 2 minutes, and can only be as long as 7 minutes 31 seconds. (Though this makes it look like the whole process can take 2 hours.)

But anyway, it's not internally consistent—say that every other eclipse (an eclipse happens basically every 6 months somewhere on earth) the effect switches between triggering power and taking power away. Adam Monroe would have turned to dust during an eclipse years ago (if losing his power killed him). Also, Nathan did not fly the first time during an eclipse. It was during the car accident. At night. (Right?)

And who the heck is drawing the 9th Wonders comic now?

Sylar's dialogue is getting so bad. He changes personality every 15 minutes, it seems.

I'm still watching the show hoping it will turn around, but my hopes are dimming. Meanwhile, Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone got canceled, while Knight Rider didn't. I wanted to like Knight Rider. The pilot episode months ago wasn't bad. But the first episode was horrible and nothing after that looked any good. Ugh.

At least Chuck is still running...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
I think I've been blind to how bad Heroes has been....until this last episode. In comparison to some others, it really wasn't THAT bad, but....I don't know. It just made the lameness of the show pop out to me. I had so many questions about the eclipse that I honestly don't think will be answered.

Among those questions were the older people's powers. Like Linderman. And Angela. And Arthur. The older generation (I completely forgot about Adam...). They had their powers. Why didn't the past eclipses take them away? It sure seems like they've had their powers for a long time, and Arthur--although he didn't seem completely surprised about it--didn't seem to have expected it, which if it had happened in the past, he should've.

You'd think he would make SOME kind of comment about it beforehand--maybe not one that we would understand previous to this episode, but afterward, we'd know....I don't recall anything like that. Which makes it seem like this is the first time. But why would it be so consistent? One eclipse gives people powers and the very next eclipse takes those powers away? Yet nothing like that had ever happened before? What?

And I was wondering about that too--who's doing 9th Wonders? It's a cool idea, but Isaac's dead. And yeah, there are other people who can paint the future (Arthur) but to my knowledge, they're not exactly the kind of people who would care about selling their paintings to be in a comic book.

I really hope the show will get better...And yet I doubt very much that it will. It had so much potential in the first season.....Almost all my shows are dying out now. Prison Break pretty much sucks. In fact, the only good ones that I watch that have lasted into or past 3 seasons are comedies--The Office, and Psych. Although this coming season of 24 looks promising....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »
But anyway, it's not internally consistent—say that every other eclipse (an eclipse happens basically every 6 months somewhere on earth) the effect switches between triggering power and taking power away. Adam Monroe would have turned to dust during an eclipse years ago (if losing his power killed him). Also, Nathan did not fly the first time during an eclipse. It was during the car accident. At night. (Right?)

Yeah, they are really messing things up with how powers are given. If that first eclipse gave the powers, then there are a whole slew of people that are outside of that range. Adam had his for 400 years.....

Meanwhile, Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone got canceled, while Knight Rider didn't. I wanted to like Knight Rider. The pilot episode months ago wasn't bad. But the first episode was horrible and nothing after that looked any good. Ugh.

Pushing Daisings got canceled?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was one of the best shows I've EVER seen on TV!
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »
Pushing Daisings got canceled?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was one of the best shows I've EVER seen on TV!

Why do they cancel good shows? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?.......okay I'm done.

EDIT: I did some searching and found this http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20081121/ten-pushing-daisies-cancelled-eli-stone-c60bd6d.html. Bryan Fuller talks about taking the series and story elsewhere. Possibly to DC, or even to the big screen. I hope the cliffhanger at the end of the season doesn't make me scream like last season did...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:56:36 PM by MrPaperHandTurkey »

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
I will never understand why actual good shows get canceled while crap shows keep getting aired. It boggles the mind.  :(

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »
I think it has to do with the fact (and sadly it is a fact) that if they make a show geared toward the lowest common denominator they get more ratings. They also save money because they don't have to sped as much on things like script and good cast and scenery......

Intelligent, witty, well written shows sadly only appeal to intelligent people...... :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
So we just need to make an awesome people's channel.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 04:01:33 AM »
Wilson: about 9th Wonders: they explained it in the show "This is the last issue Mendes published before he died" - but there is a bike messenger with his last sketches out there somewhere, so there is one more "issue" to go.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2008, 04:08:59 AM »
Yes, Seth Green's cameo is awesome!

Too bad everyone else's lines can't be as good.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
Improvisation is great! ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 05:34:34 AM »
Wilson: about 9th Wonders: they explained it in the show "This is the last issue Mendes published before he died" - but there is a bike messenger with his last sketches out there somewhere, so there is one more "issue" to go.

Yeah. I know that now. I was just wondering before yesterday's ep how it happened....I'm glad it got explained.

And I know! Seth's part was great! I loved it. "Best. Day. Ever." He had some good lines....

I have to say that episode restored my faith in the show. It actually was a pretty decent episode. The special effects were in need of some work, but overall it was good. I really like that Sylar's back. It's awesome. And I think it's safe to say that Elle is NOT Sylar's kid's mother. I was thinking for a bit there that she was, but the end kind of proved otherwise.

I thought it was hilarious when Bennett slit Sylar's throat. It was great. And then Hiro's grabbing of Sylar and Elle from the Bennett's house. That was pretty cool too. What I REALLY want to know is when/if Pete's going to get his powers back. I hope he does, and yet it really seems like he's not going to. Lame.

I wonder if Noah was telling the truth about Sylar's parents. I'm leaning towards yes...but he might've just been trying to save his neck (literally).