Author Topic: Composite list of questions to be answered in HoA  (Read 1703 times)

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Composite list of questions to be answered in HoA
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:10:33 AM »
There has been a LOT of MB3 speculation and debate over the past few weeks, and it's only a matter of time until those questions are answered.  Thus, I thought as a fun game, we'd compile a list of questions that we hope are answered.  We can then make a post with all those questions, and everyone can give (the briefest possible) answers to each of them.  Then, once the book is out, we can compare scores and see who predicted the most (as well as hopefully get answers from Brandon on what wasn't answered).

So, I'll start with some questions I can think of, but please add ones you can.  Try and word your questions in a way that they can be easily answered with just a few words or a sentence at the most.  Maybe after a week or so we can compile them all and then have people 'vote'.

1) Who is the Hero of Ages?
2) Do inquisitors use allomancy?
3) Who is the Mist spirit?
4) What is the Deepness?
5) Why does the Mist kill?
6) What role do the Ashmounts play?
7) Is Reen's voice actually Ruin?
8) What was in the Well of Ascension?
9) Which character's die?
10) What are Koloss?
11) What are Kandra?
12) Where did Kell get the 11th metal?
13) Why can Vin draw upon the mist?
14) Why can Vin pierce copper clouds?
15) Where will the final battle take place?

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure there are plenty.  Please add your own, or if any of those aren't worthy point them out as well.  I'll try and keep this post edited with a concrete list of questions people post.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:55:25 PM by Phaz »

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Composite list of questions to be answered in HoA
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:27:26 AM »
I think I might have an idea for why Vin can peirce the copper clouds (and sorry if this has already been suggested.  I've not kept up with all the theories that fly around)

Okay, so the first part of this is: in order to preform Hemalurgy all you have to do is pierce the person and kill someone in the proccess, yes?  If so I'd like to point out that Vin's mom gave her the earring, and killed her little sister.  Now, I'd like to ask -- can Hemalurgy give a person the ability to use Allomancy?  If so, I think there's your answer.

To back this up, I'd like to point out that Marsh says he also can pierce copperclouds, and he too has gone through Hemalurgy.  In fact, I think if you looked at all your super strong allomancers (I'm just restarting WoA after a bit of time, so I don't remember the details of Zane, but isn't he also super powerful?  And hasn't he gone through it as well?) they all have that in common.

Anyways, that's my two cents.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:58:37 AM »
Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread.  Right here.

And of course, a whole lot earlier... :D

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »
No questions specifically addressing hemalurgy? Sadness....

I would at least think that

1) What is hemalurgy and how does it work?
2) What abilities does hemalurgy grant?
3) How is hemalurgy related to allomancy and feruchemy?

Would make the list.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »
How about, if both Allomancy and Hemalurgy are powers that can be gained, is the same true of Feruchemy?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:34:12 AM »
And why 11 spikes for Inquisitors?

EDIT: Also, I just posted a huge list that I put together from annotations, a few of which have been mentioned here. It's in What will happen in book three: HOA
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:37:08 AM by Qarlin »