Author Topic: Has Anybody Read any of Ted Dekker's Books?  (Read 2193 times)

croncho6

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Has Anybody Read any of Ted Dekker's Books?
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
He's such a great author.  I was just wondering if anybody else in this forum has read his books.

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anybody Read any of Ted Dekker's Books?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
i absolutely love ted dekker. he is definitely one of my favorite authors. also i cant wait for house the movie to come out on Friday, the book really creeped me out.

croncho6

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »
Yeah I can't wait either. I'm going to see it Friday!

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:21:25 PM »
I've only ever picked up "Black" by him, and the writing was so horrible that after about thirty pages I had to put it down.  Saw his movie "Three" too, and even though the twist at the end was pretty interesting, on the whole it was still kind of blah for me.  I know there are a lot of people that like him though.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

croncho6

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »
Well I respect your opinion.  Not everybody has to like him.  Yeah the movie for Thr3e wasn't amazing.  I'm sure the movie for House will be much better.

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »
Three the movie was horrible to say the least. it really bugs me that contemporary christian movies are sub par at best. the book was awesome but after watching the movie i was very disappointed.
if you have only read black then you have only touched the surface of ted dekker. i really thought that black, red, and white, were really good. i thought house was excellent, and saint and skin were some of his better books. i really didn't like his martyrs song trilogy it just wasn't my bag i guess. as a whole i think ted is a very good writer who is equal to or better than many mainstream writers out there.