Elend
Ten Soon
Kell
Breeze
Marsh
Ham
Spook
Zane

Author Topic: What MB character are you and why?  (Read 8208 times)

sortitus

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
Re: What MB character are you and why?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »
Breeze. When I read the third book, I was like, "But Brandon hadn't met me when he submitted this book! How did he get me down so accurately?" The answer came to me one day while looking over some bushes into Brandon's living room.

I really wonder where Breeze turned out to be such a nice guy. Nobody knew, but he's the reason they succeeded!

I would love to be Sazed as well. Being able to float using Feruchemy would be sweet.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Rey

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »
I chose Vin because inside of my tough masculine exterior, I am a scrawny, paranoid girl.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »
TLR...I'm evil, pitiless, and don't trust anyone to do their own job. Also, I’ve worked with best of burden before.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »
Don't even feel remotely like a Eunuch, but after the first book the charcaters I most identified with was Sazed. His insatiable need for knowledge and understanding, and his selfless want to help others. The first character I truly liked.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 02:35:35 AM »
I'm Vin, as scary as that might be. But, when I read mistborn and whatever "Reen" would whisper I would nod and agree. Or maybe that means I'm more like "Reen." Which is a scarier thought.
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
I'm Vin, as scary as that might be. But, when I read mistborn and whatever "Reen" would whisper I would nod and agree. Or maybe that means I'm more like "Reen." Which is a scarier thought.

All it means is that your three dimensional. Well, this only says that you have to dimensions, but we can assume if you have two you'll have all of them. Its sort of like Allomancy, it is.

Or, this could also mean that your just a girl, i assume your a girl because of some otherwise elusive  evidence that i have cunningly taken note of (default pic, and name). And we all know that all women have their shy, insecure side as well as their Demon-God(dess) Wrathfulness too.

Its typical. Your typical. No! I'm kidding, i just thought it..be..fu--, bye. :-\
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Cosmic_AC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 03:39:46 AM »
Ugh.  Spook.  Don't laugh.

Overly sensitive.  Shy.  Other people find it difficult to understand me when I speak (but that's because I mumble everything, not because talk like this I do).  And I think I'd enjoy being a Thug about as much as Spook did.  Y'know, tearing doors off their hinges and stuff.  Oh and I stare into space a bunch.  And, uh, I kind of hear other people's conversations without trying, which can be embarrassing for both of us.

On the other hand, I didn't have an abusive, stupid, selfish father and I don't have any nicknames.  Um, and I never even had the courage to give a lady a handkerchief.  And I'd probably just die on the spot if someone jabbed me in the shoulder, particularly if a piece of steel broke off.  And I'll never be a main character, not even in the final chapters.

Well, whatever.  Lestibournes is still the character I relate to most.

Oh, and now that HoA is out it's obvious that Ook is Yomen because he saw the future book before everyone else.  Just thought I'd mention it since it hasn't been brought up again until just now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:42:29 AM by Cosmic_AC »

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2008, 03:48:33 AM »
 Wasing the what of the where? (just thought id add a bit of meaningless eastern street dialogue  ;D)

I would probably pick Sazed or Elend, Sazed as a first choice. I'm more of a scholar, and like finding new information on subjects im interested in, and sharing it with others. I'm probably less (much, much less) of a warrior than Elend *becomes*, so if i had a power like Sazed had, I would only use it in times of dire need, so i could relate to Sazed more than Elend. Except i'm not a feruchemist. Or a (*SPOILER!!!!!*) god. and i'm definitely not a eunuch. Ive checked  ;D.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
Wasing the what of the where?

shudder, shudder, cringe
He ate my horse.

Hanami

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008, 06:04:01 PM »
Elend, and there are many reasons!

For starters, he hates social parties as much as I do, and the only reason I'm not always reading there is because my parents won't allow me.

What is more, I love reading, too, and, even though I diskike economics and such, I lite to read the actual laws, so no politician is going to lie to me about that.

Besides, when I read tWoA bookd, I completely identified Elen's attemps of being a King with my own attemps of being a forum administrator in a forum - believe me , they're so similar (the ideals, the thoughts, the reactions...)! Even the ending was similar, but then, sadly, I had no Vin.

leiftinspace

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
I be Breeze, because I'm a smart aleck and I try to get other people to do my work for me whenever possible! (OK not really, but he's still one of my favorite charcaters.)
"Stupid fat hobbit! You ruins it!"

Randombychance

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
My first thought was kell.  Mostly because i have a bit of a compulsion to get people to do better, even though realistically it usually just seems to make me look more patronizing than anything else.  (I might be a genius also, but who doesnt really like to say that about themselves)  But in the end i had to go with breeze,  i might be a tad manipulative, its never to do something harmful, and i am basically a good person, but i try to keep that dirty little secret well hidden.  And i never feel like gtting my own drink.  That more than anything else made me go with breeze.
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire. -Aristotle (Admit it, everyone of you counted to make sure there were 7!)

Eleaneth

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 02:04:07 AM »
I love Sazed and Kelsier, but I related to Elend very well from the beginning. He's idealistic, loves political theory, honest to a fault, and so sincere and innocent. :) And some of his sacrifices were amazing!
"Yes," Elend said softly. "The law allows for you to change your vote, Lord Habren. You may only do so once, and must do so before the winner is declared. Everyone else has the same opportunity."
-- The Well of Ascension

Cosmic_AC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
Maybe I'm a little like the Elend from the first book (his character changed a lot in the second and third).  Reading a book at a party is exactly the kind of thing I do.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »
Okay, I know I'm a girl but i like Elend anyway. The way he changes from a foolish nobleman to a ruler of a dominance is just so cool.
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.