Author Topic: So I just. . . .  (Read 3230 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: So I just. . . .
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Wow Ookla, that blog post was nice to read. It was cool to read Brandon's backstory on the Hope of Elantris, and then have the backstory told from the other perspective. Very cool :D.

As for Hope of Elantris itself, it's a good little story. Now you get it free on Brandon's website. What's not to love?
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
Cool!  I'm glad (though not really surprised) that she is still excited about Elantris and Brandon Sanderson.  Then again, who wouldn't be?  She pretty much owes him a lifetime of devotion.
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:23 PM »
Agreed. Cool to read about it from both Brandon and her point of view.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
In my eyes this just makes Brandon a better person and author.  He cares so deeply for his fans, and that's something many people lose as they become famous.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »
Well, to be fair, EUOL wasn't exactly famous at this point, I think he had just published the one book.  It seems to me that through no fault of his own, he'll have less and less time to devote to individual fans as he gets more and more famous - which, I imagine, is true of most other famous people.  Newly famous and slightly famous people are naturally a little more excited even to have fans than people who have been famous for a long time and have more fans than they can count.  I do appreciate EUOL's kindness to his fans, but I don't expect him to write a special short story featuring every cute devoted 8th-grade fan who does an involved book report.  Matisse was a special case.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
I do appreciate EUOL's kindness to his fans, but I don't expect him to write a special short story featuring every cute devoted 8th-grade fan who does an involved book report.

No, no, of course he wouldn't. He has more important things to do, everyone knows that.

[VegasDev looks down at the gluestick in his hands a tiny frown appearing on his face as he slowly and carefully places the gluestick with the rest of his art supplies. Using a handbroom, he sweeps glitter and cuttings off the table into a piece of orange construction paper, folded slightly to prevent it from collapsing and then ambles over to the garbage can located in the corner of the room. The barely audible sound, made from the sliding motion of the glitter as it seeks it's way past crumpled bits of paper to the bottom of the sack, can best be described as the sound of a dream crashing to the ground. With head down, shoulders slumped and a tear moistened piece of construction paper in hand, VegasDev stood in silent vigil]
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
[in an attempt to console VegasDev]

Well, if you want to improve your chances, you could always become a student in EUOL's wife's class, without letting her know that you already know who she is and how she's related to your favorite author.  Then innocently submit your detailed multimedia book report.

Then again, she may not even still be teaching.  Probably not, in fact.  Oh well, it was a thought.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Well, if you want to improve your chances, you could always become a student in EUOL's wife's class, without letting her know that you already know who she is and how she's related to your favorite author.  Then innocently submit your detailed multimedia book report.

Then again, she may not even still be teaching.  Probably not, in fact.  Oh well, it was a thought.

Nah, I was only joking. Plus I don't think I could pull off an 8th grade schoolgirl.

[VegasDev plunges into the garbage can arms first, knocking it and himself to the ground. Laying in a pile of crumpled balls of paper with glitter in his hair, he looks up at the halogen lights on the ceiling which begin casting God rays as light reflects off his tear streaked cheeks. Slowly, at first, he struggles to gain his feet while clutching a notebook to his chest. With a triumphant smile on his face, he returns to the table and whispers 'There's still a chance' to an audience of none. Little did anyone know, or care, that he just so happened to have an 8th grade schoolgirl outfit from last years Halloween party. There's always another secret.]
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »
There's always another secret.

And boy was that a creepy one!   ;)
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 11:17:32 PM »
Vegas you have to be one of the funniest posters on these boards. I can barley contain myself sometimes. Plus dont let miyabi see youn in that outfit I heard he was looking at the picture of you in the bathroom.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
Hey now!!! . . . OK So MAYBE I would enjoy it . . . maybe . .  a little. . . . Ok whatever I would thoroughly enjoy that picture.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 11:31:54 PM »
Hahahaha. I told you, now he knows and he'll be on the lookout.