Author Topic: New Mod! (Please Read.)  (Read 2752 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
New Mod! (Please Read.)
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:04:54 AM »
Folks,

As my section of the boards grows more interesting, and as I have very little time these days (because of AMoL) to do moderating myself, we've officially added Brenna as a moderator for my forum.  She'll also have mod powers for the entire TWG boards, but her specific duty is watching over my forums here.

Brenna is a long time friend of mine who has been reading my books since the days before I was published.  She's cool-headed and kind, but also stern when she needs to be.  I think she'll be an excellent moderator.

In other news, I'm going to start up a "Questions for Brandon" thread here in a few weeks to do a kind of virtual booksigning/Q&A here on my boards.  Don't post your questions to this thread here; wait for then.  But I wanted to make certain that you knew about the upcoming thread.  We'll also do a spoiler thread for questions about The Hero of Ages once it's out.

As always, thank you for reading and for having fun with your discussions here.  But remember to be civil; I want my boards to be a friendly place.  Brenna has full authority to edit posts and/or ban people, and she'll use it.  (Though she'll always give a warning first.)

Brandon
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Mod! (Please Read.)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
Congratulations Brenna. I think that means you have to post more too, the more obscure the better. :)
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »
Here here. Congrats and all that. :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
You think being a mod is a good thing worth congratulating someone over? Instead, we should thank Brenna for her willingness to serve and put up with all our crap. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »
Very true. If this was an obligation of mine I would find it a whole lot less fun.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
Thank you, Brenna, for your willingness to serve and put up with all our crap.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
For these types of positions, I find it best to congratulate rather than thank. Congratulations is a voice of support while thanks is appreciation that it was anyone but me.

"Congratulations on the pay raise that comes with the sanitation collection engineer title." works much better than "Thanks, garbageman, for putting your body through torture while you pick up refuse I wouldn't touch even if I knew the antidote to a poison I was forced to swallow was located within. Hey, you also got a little smudge on your cheek. You might want to take a look at it when you take a get off in 6 hours, maybe take a shower or something. No really, you're gonna need that shower."

Nothing like reminding them of the responsibilities they undertook because 'someone has to do it'.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:32:49 AM »
You think being a mod is a good thing worth congratulating someone over? Instead, we should thank Brenna for her willingness to serve and put up with all our crap. :)

Actually, we are pretty civil now with Utopia gon--

Wait, I'm not going to jinx it. Nevermind. You never heard me say such a thing, and you can't deny it!

*kneels to Brenna* I swear fealty to you, Lady Brenna! Congratulations on your newfound authority, Mistress! Uh... my life to yours, my Breath become yours?
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »
Thanks and you guys make me laugh. :)

Be good, and there will be no problems. :D  Not that I'm particularly worried--you all are pretty good about policing yourselves, which is always nice.

So, go forth, have fun, and discuss away!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:18 AM »
Kind word Lady Brenna.

If it is at all possable, please find the time to make your way over to the Election thread. It is our duty as forum members to look to the future. And in following this duty we must, as concerned members not allow Chaos to reign. If your as concerned about Chaos flooding this forum as I am then you will make the right choice on election day and choose Andre The Great.

This endorsement was not authorized by Andrew The Great and is subject to modification mandates of Andrew The Great
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 06:16:59 AM »
My dear Brenna, you have nothing to fear from me. I have supported you with more than Andrew's campaign has given you: Breath. I respect and shall always follow thy edicts.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:20:32 AM »
Congrats Brenna!  :)

dawncawley

• Level 11