Author Topic: Availability of Mistborn 3  (Read 2057 times)

achren99

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Availability of Mistborn 3
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »
Hey--so I just moved to Rochester, NY from Orem/Provo, Utah -- and am spoiled in the fact that I could just drive to Borders and have a few (usually signed) copies of Brandon's books waiting for me.  I know I could just order it online, but I really like going to bookstores to buy books and want to support local stores etc.  Am I going to be able to walk into a store and find it easily or is there a possibility that even Borders and B&N will run out?  (I remember some B&N shortage crisis that was posted on a previous book.)

I would HOPE that stores everywhere will get tons/enough copies...is this true?  Am I going to have to go first thing in the morning to get it?   (This may be a moot point, though, because I might go first thing to read it anyways...depends on the sleepiness vs obsessed with Mistborn ratio.) 

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Availability of Mistborn 3
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »
You might want to call them and put the book on reserve so they set a copy aside for you when it comes in.

Also, did you see Brandon's latest blog entry?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »
That's a great idea--thanks :).

Yes, I saw that--a numbered copy would be super cool...but again I'd like to buy it locally...we'll see.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »
It's always a good idea to reserve a book at your local bookstore if you think there's a chance it will be hard to get. That way the bookstore knows there's interest in a book, and they might order in more copies than just the one for you. Bookstore sales are still the driving force behind all book sales in the U.S., so if a book doesn't get much bookstore exposure, it's much less likely to succeed.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

apbadd

• Level 3
  • Rejected as a Mistborn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »
Ookla, you da man!