Author Topic: The Countdown  (Read 48719 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: The Countdown
« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »
I just gave you that one Reaves as a joke, really.  Because you're about to lost that bet and have to change your profile picture.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2008, 11:18:31 PM »
I will stand firm. Nothing can shake my belief.

Although my belief is bolstered by the fact that yes, all evidence points to Rashek...but Ookla says we won't know until approximately the FOURTH annotation epigraph  :P:D ;) :D

(And I can only hope I am not setting myself up for a massive fall here...)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:30:36 PM by Reaves »
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2008, 11:23:16 PM »
No, the fourth epigraph. Annotations are the things Brandon posts on his website. Totally different :P

It's important to get your terms correct. Like, the difference between "Hemalurgy", "Hemalurgical", and "Hemalurgify", and heck, "Hemalurgification". Each means something different! It's like a puzzle!

EDIT: :D

The book has shipped :D.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:25:55 PM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 13, 2008, 11:29:50 PM »
lol wow ok I don't know where that came from. For some reason the thought in my head didn't make it to the keyboard...thx for the catch.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2008, 11:32:12 PM »
Oh, that's clever, using a strike-through in your previous post. You know what I have to say to that? Hero of Ages just shipped for me.

* Chaos2651 wins.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
Oh, that's clever, using a strike-through in your previous post. You know what I have to say to that? Hero of Ages just shipped for me.

* Chaos2651 wins.

Wait but...I thought you were the Hero of Ages...so...that means either you aren't, or the book didn't ship!!
Ok that made no sense whatsoever.

And yes I thought the strike-through was clever as well. Simply deleting "annotation" confuses any other readers, not to mention makes it look like I'm trying to hard.  :P

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2008, 11:37:43 PM »

* Chaos2651 wins.
[/s]

teh heh heh...

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:44 AM »
I haven't gotten the book yet, so hey, that just means I get to comment on the final annotation before I read the final tome :D. So ha.

The mists enter the room here, which is--again--intentional. A lot of these things have to do with the deeper worldbuidling we won't get into until book three. However, suffice it to say that they were forced to enter by something.

Well, there you have it. Ruin is acting through the mists--Ruin is controlling the Deepness to go in. Now I'm strongly convinced of that fact.

Vin learning to control the kandra is also something that had to be twisted together so that it could be used here. I wanted this knowledge to be there for use later in the book, and for the next book, so I figured this was a good place to begin introducing it as a major aspect of the magic system.

"Major aspect of the magic system". Hmmm, according to my massive theory post, I infer that it is Hemalurgy, but there could be something else going on here.

Anyways, I guess I will know the answers tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure this will be my last post until I finish the book. I'll see you on the other side of the river!

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 14, 2008, 06:16:55 AM »
It could have been Preservation. I'm just saying...

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:10 AM »
See you after the book Chaos!

Geez, I feel like a loner. Who else isn't getting the book until 5:30 or so tomorrow?

Oh, and . . .

T-17:00:00 Until release party!
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

kbob_o

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »
I got the book yesterday after work! Got home read the first couple sentences and had to set the book down and laugh... got back to reading and the next thing I know it's 3:30am, and I need to be at work at 7:00am. Two and a half hours of sleep makes for a long day.
But still... I can't wait until lunch, just hope I don't 'just one more chapter' myself into a three hour lunch.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
sorry, spoilers in a non-spoiler thread--but I saved what you wrote, and put it in the spoiler thread for you. :)

--Brenna
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:11:45 AM by Brenna »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 20, 2008, 10:25:13 PM »
Thanks again!
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
Wow Coma not everyone has read this great book yet. Give us a break. Im kidding but wow Brenna's on top of it quick. Well done.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
Haven't gotten to it yet, GreenMonsta?