Author Topic: The Countdown  (Read 48701 times)

Czanos

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Countdown
« Reply #375 on: October 13, 2008, 05:29:50 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about, Vegas is right there at the bottom of my post. >.>

(Sorry VegasDev!)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:32:15 AM by Czanos »
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2008, 05:35:51 AM »
Haha, nice cover.

I was intending that there wouldn't be a theory for the final day of theorizing, T-1, but then, I thought of a pretty awesome one to go for. It will be fitting that it will be the final theory for this thread. However, I'm not going to post it until I go to bed, because I'm still madly working on my Final HoA theory set. It's very intensive, and of course, I need to get the thing done before the end of Monday.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 13, 2008, 05:41:21 AM »
I am seriously looking forward to both that post and this topic of debate.

And I just realized I forgot to add Coma into my post as well. Gah. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when I can actually think.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #378 on: October 13, 2008, 05:45:52 AM »
Dude Czanos, this giant theory topic I have is epically long. At this very moment, I am approximately halfway through it at 5300 words long. It is colossal. I'm almost worried I might hit a potential character limit for a single post...

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:02 AM »
Advice from someone who's been in your shoes before, save a copy of your post on your computer before you attempt to post it. I remember I wrote a small novel of a post once on another forum and watched as all but the first 250 words were chopped. It was terrible. And congratulations on a theoretical 10,000 word post. It'll be awesome, I know.

Anyways, it's off to bed with me. Night all.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #380 on: October 13, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »
Oh, of course I'm typing this out on Notepad. This is like my third session of typing it :P I gotta save it somewhere. But I do appreciate the advice. ...250 words was the max for a forum post? Well, I definitely know that forum wasn't TWG, that's for sure...

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #381 on: October 13, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »
Double posting by necessity.

I posted my gigantic theory of every conceivable thing I ever had a theory about. It's long.

And now, the final theory.

T-1 Day Until MB3!

How does Ruin interact with the world? I look at the kandra, saying that men are of Ruin and will destroy themselves and think that Ruin doesn't actually destroy the world. It causes men to destroy themselves.

In addition to discussing this, any random last thoughts any of us have before the 14th should be placed here, too. Unless, of course, you've already read the book, in which case we'd have to slap you for cheating like that :P

Oh, and this topic can be the place where people are giddy and go "WEE! I JUST GOT HERO OF AGES!" because I am definitely going to do that when my Amazon order decides to ship.

kbob_o

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »
I was thinking a good final topic would be, why was the book originally titled The Final Hero instead of The Hero of Ages. Vin is going to have to sacrifice herself at the second well and all magic will be destroyed... no more magic, no more heroes.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2008, 04:19:17 PM »
Double posting by necessity.

I posted my gigantic theory of every conceivable thing I ever had a theory about. It's long.

And now, the final theory.

T-1 Day Until MB3!

How does Ruin interact with the world? I look at the kandra, saying that men are of Ruin and will destroy themselves and think that Ruin doesn't actually destroy the world. It causes men to destroy themselves.

In addition to discussing this, any random last thoughts any of us have before the 14th should be placed here, too. Unless, of course, you've already read the book, in which case we'd have to slap you for cheating like that :P

Oh, and this topic can be the place where people are giddy and go "WEE! I JUST GOT HERO OF AGES!" because I am definitely going to do that when my Amazon order decides to ship.

I'd love to comment Chaos, but i believe im out by default... :-\

Anyone who finishes the book, i will begin posting my thoughts on the "The Crew" thread as soon as tomorrow midnight...i have actually written down my post and saved it...im just waiting now!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
Oh the horror; not only was I nearly forgotten, but now I am being compared to Breeze most likely because he was a babbling semi-conscious bag of wind at the end of MB2. I think I would prefer to be forgotten. *sniffle*
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #385 on: October 13, 2008, 05:03:45 PM »
I was thinking a good final topic would be, why was the book originally titled The Final Hero instead of The Hero of Ages. Vin is going to have to sacrifice herself at the second well and all magic will be destroyed... no more magic, no more heroes.

Yeah, I had a similar idea that the mists would be destroyed, which would destroy all magic as well as cripple Ruin and Preservation. The only problem with that is Brandon said there could be a second or third trilogy with Allomancers in a different setting, so I don't think Allomancy is destroyed :P

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 13, 2008, 05:50:23 PM »
Well, I'm certainly willing to be Tindwyl, since she's an appealing character to me.  However, the fact that no one is willing to explain how I'm like her suggests that the comparison is negative.  But that's fair enough.  I agree that I'm the bossy old lady who tells everyone what they're doing wrong (I haven't counselled any kings in the concepts of leadership, but I do occasionally correct people's grammar).  I'm grouchy and cynical and opinionated and easily annoyed.  I disapprove of people who break the rules.  But in spite of that, the love of my life is the most selfless, caring, generous, thoughtful, humble, self-effacing, intelligent, self-controlled, noble and heroic man I know.  So I'll gladly take the role of Tindwyl, even if it means being feared and disliked by the other crew members, even if it means only appearing in one book and dying at the end of it.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 13, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
Oh come on, I was a late addition as Breeze. Breeze! Besides, since female characters are at a premium, it's less about who you are and more about who you are not.
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #388 on: October 13, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »
Hey, Elend does respect you! That counts. That counts big time.

And Breeze is awesome. Don't belittle his awesomeness :P

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 13, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
And Breeze is awesome. Don't belittle his awesomeness :P

When I think of Breeze, I don't picture awesomeness. He hides his identity and true feelings from his own friends and becomes a babbling idiot when confronted with death.
moustaches on the other.